NGD! Jackson SL2H Soloist

• Thread starter FLGearnut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Inazone

Reaction score
The JB can sound terrible in one guitar and awesome in another. I bought a new KV2 (alder body, maple neck) in 2001 and the stock JB sounded thin and tinny. But I have two DK2Ms, both with JBs, and have no reason to replace them. You just never know.

Good score, especially for that price and in that condition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I had an SL2H with Warpigs in it. Alnico in the neck and ceramic in the bridge. Sounded friggin fantastic. Surprisingly very versatile. Quite tight w/ huge bottom end and tons of mids. Also the neck pickup is very warm, fat and fluid. I honestly don't think any set would work better in a Soloist. As for JB's I have pretty ,much hated the modern JB in everything I have ever tried. Although I have as of late become an old JB whore. They say there is no difference, but I don't believe it. Especially the old Jaurez wound JB's.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
I cant speak for any of that, but for some reason the stock duncans are sounding REALLY good through my setup, so I have no reason to drop an extra 350 on the guitar and thus decrease the good deal ratio :p

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I'm gunna have to buy one of these now.

I've wanted one for years and just keep buying other stuff, and am suffering major GAS.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
the more i play this guitar, the more im liking it. there is something about the combination of the neck contour and radius, the low action and lord knows what else that just makes this guitar so effortless to play. Its a VERY solid feeling guitar which I like alot. I also love the straightforward all black look to it. Ive wanted a black "metal" guitar for a while and this definitely hits that note. Almost all my other guitars have figured maple tops and mahogany and whatnot. This is a nice break in the cycle fo' sho!:hbang:

Only problem is now im GAS'ing for a USA Rhoads or an SL2H-MAH:wallbash:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
the more i play this guitar, the more im liking it. there is something about the combination of the neck contour and radius, the low action and lord knows what else that just makes this guitar so effortless to play. Its a VERY solid feeling guitar which I like alot. I also love the straightforward all black look to it. Ive wanted a black "metal" guitar for a while and this definitely hits that note. Almost all my other guitars have figured maple tops and mahogany and whatnot. This is a nice break in the cycle fo' sho!:hbang:

I have an RR1, the neck is very much the same in terms of the mystic power lol.

It's not the conventional stick thin flat neck that you normally get on shredders, it fills the hand and feels right all the way up the neck. I like how they round off slightly at the bottom making chords really easy too. The woods/construction too, acoustically it's so loud! And the fret job!!!

Amazing guitars. If you have the chance to grab a Rhoads, jump on it, mine's awesome.

Desperate to get a Soloist haha.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Haha. If this the one I think it is, I was calling the store while you bought it! :D The Sam Ash guys found it in their computer from the store in orlando, which, ironically is where the $1200 one was on the used rack at GC! Nice buy man!

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score

I feel the same way. I do not even have my new soloist yet, but I am gassing for a Kelly and a SL2H-MAH!

FLGearnut

Reaction score
Haha. If this the one I think it is, I was calling the store while you bought it! :D The Sam Ash guys found it in their computer from the store in orlando, which, ironically is where the $1200 one was on the used rack at GC! Nice buy man!

definitely a possibility man. I got it from the sam ash on colonial drive in orlando. The GC in winter park had the exact same guitar like i had said, but for 1200, and GC's used jackson wasnt in as nice of condition as mine. It had a few light scratches on it but was still pretty nice.

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score

Yeah? Here ya go.. Ill cocktease ya something bad to feed that gas.. LOL Not quite a SL2H MAH but its a SLATM-Q

Im a big Jackson fan. In fact tomorrow ill be posting my Jackson collection but to give you a peak since you said that. Ill see if i can put ya in debt a little further, LOL..

But If you get either one you will LOVE em.. My usa Rhoads. far Left was the first Jackson i ever bought. still have it and something amazing about the compound boards and super thin necks.. (although i do miss that Kingcorde 2nd from left on bottom pic, I sold it and regret that to this day.. )

Man also beforehand, I apologize if i get you in trouble with the lady friend.. but with jackson. Once you get bit by the bug. You are done!! LOL..

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

Untitled-2427231.jpg

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a nice top on that SLATQ. :yesway:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy bejeezus :eek: the top on that Jackson is nuts! O_O

FLGearnut

Reaction score
sweet mama love sauce! :eek: dude i want that natural quilt SLAT!

Im actually a huge fixed bridge fan, so that made my ears perk up bigtime.

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
sweet mama love sauce! :eek: dude i want that natural quilt SLAT!

Im actually a huge fixed bridge fan, so that made my ears perk up bigtime.

Hell yeah dude.. There is a whole thread on archtop soloist over at JCF and out of over a hundred i bet this one just popped.. quilt is almost 3d like.. PRS standards. this is a 4 gazillion top! LOL..

I emailed the dude and said if you ever sell remember me please and about a year later.. HE DID!!! i jumped right on it!!..

Sound is awesome with this maple top..

But i have yet to add a SL2H to my Jackson collection.. Kinda leaning towards a SL2HT though..

FLGearnut

Reaction score
an SL2HT would be an awesome addition. I honestly almost never use the trem. Its just never been my thing really. I might have the trem professionally blocked off someday or put another Tremol-No into this guitar but we'll just wait and see. The floyd seems to be of good quality and is pretty stable.

stupid question. I know this has been brought up a billion times in the past but, does jackson use german-made floyds on the USA select guitars or are they the Korean-made PING units?

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Corpse - sell me that SLATQM....:lol:

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
@Corpse - sell me that SLATQM....:lol:

No way Mesh! LOL..

FLGearnut. Yeah dude get a tremel no. those are damn genius. and then you wont even need the locking nut and will add a lot of sustain..

I used one on my KV2 and its so much nice to play. LOW action..

Enjoy it homie!.. Damn good deal you got on it..

')