NGD: Jackson SL2H Swirly goodness

• Thread starter infernalservice
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

infernalservice

Reaction score
Silver swirl SL2H! One of my favorite Jackson finishes you don't see too often.

sl2-2_zpsa1c5b650.jpg

sl2-4_zps5583e841.jpg

sl2-1_zps601d7ef6.jpg

sl2-3_zpsedbe6945.jpg

sl2-5_zps407ce496.jpg

Got this off ebay, and the seller pics were way nicer than I could pull off in the artic slurpee nonsense outside in michigan right now. Couple of weird dings around the truss cover, but otherwise is in excellent shape.

Has a d-activator bridge and liquifier neck. Sounds nothing like my JP7's liquifier, but a lot of factors are involved there. Not totally sold on the d-activator yet. I have a gravity storm bridge hanging out here that might find its way into this guitar.

The assembly tag in the trem cavity says it was completed on 11-22-04, making me exactly 22 years and 1 day older than this guitar. Feels good to be back on a USA Jackson. I sold a metallic black sl2h last year that was my main player for 3 or 4 years, and would of stayed that way if I played more in standard tuning. For some reason it sounded dull at lower tunings. I am happy to say this silver swirl has plenty of life in C.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Fuck yeah man! That thing is gorgeous, glad to always see people with new Jacksons.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
wow holy shit, that looks really good! never seen this swirl from jackson. would love to see it in person! love how it goes all the way up the neck too. :D

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
ERMAHGERD

SWERL

seriously though, HNGD :wub:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
You have good taste, sir. Love the neck on my SL2H. Some people don't like that it's painted, but just make sure to wipe it down with a cleaning cloth after you play and it shouldn't get too sticky.

I've thought about swapping out my pickups, but in the end I just stick with the JB/59. Great for lead, but lacking for rhythm. It's hard to find pickups that get that smooth lead tone and also are tight on the rhythm side.

This is a hard finish to find! That's a really nice score.

snowblind56

Reaction score
Good score! I saw that one for sale on jcfonline too. It had me tempted, but I want to get another SL1 next.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
+1 on Silver Swirl being an awesome finish. I have a Silver Swirl KV2. You don't see it very often and I think it looks great on all of their shapes.

Congrats!

maruzen

Reaction score
saw a similar finish on a Suhr...

but this is just so awesome on a Jackson neck-thru :scream:

impressive taste! :agreed:

Latest posts

')