NGD: Jackson US Custom Shop 7. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rayaus

Reaction score
Wow, that quilt is absolutely epic! And on top of that, the natural wood back really makes a nice constrast with the rest. Congrats on your future NGD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feilong29

Reaction score
Prolly the MOST beautiful finish I've ever seen EVAR!

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
I may be shameless but my reaction was to spec out a nearly identical Carvin DC700 to see how much it would fetch me. Deep purple quilt, mahogany neck and body, natural binding, TOM bridge, abalone inlays on the knobs, birdseye board... came out to a bit over $1500. Not to take anything away from this beautiful Jackson, but that sort of underscores why personally speaking, even if I could afford it, I'd probably never get a custom from any of the big manufacturers. I've no idea what Chris paid, but I wouldn't be surprised if three such Carvins could be had for the cost of this Jackson with change to spare.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Hate the knob placement, but everything else is gorgeous!!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I may be shameless but my reaction was to spec out a nearly identical Carvin DC700 to see how much it would fetch me. Deep purple quilt, mahogany neck and body, natural binding, TOM bridge, abalone inlays on the knobs, birdseye board... came out to a bit over $1500. Not to take anything away from this beautiful Jackson, but that sort of underscores why personally speaking, even if I could afford it, I'd probably never get a custom from any of the big manufacturers. I've no idea what Chris paid, but I wouldn't be surprised if three such Carvins could be had for the cost of this Jackson with change to spare.

What's your point? You can buy like 15 Honda Civics or one Ferrari which would you get?

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
What's your point? You can buy like 15 Honda Civics or one Ferrari which would you get?

I'd get the $150k semi-custom Ferrari instead of the $500k fully custom one :lol:

It's clearly a fine guitar, and very unique. I can totally see the value, for others, in spending the cash for a guitar that is truly one of a kind. In an axe like this you're not paying for a quantitative increase in the quality of materials and workmanship over high-end production or semi-custom guitars – it's simply not possible for the frets to be that much more perfectly leveled & crowned, for the tops to be that much more figured, or whatever. Instead, you're paying for the uniqueness and fully-custom nature of the instrument – along with the fact that it's made in the US (with a retail markup to boot), and that the queue for fully-custom production is very limited.

Anyway... it's a gorgeous and very unique axe. I've no doubt it's gonna scream.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
In an axe like this you're not paying for a quantitative increase in the quality of materials and workmanship over high-end production or semi-custom guitars – it's simply not possible for the frets to be that much more perfectly leveled & crowned, for the tops to be that much more figured, or whatever. Instead, you're paying for the uniqueness and fully-custom nature of the instrument – along with the fact that it's made in the US (with a retail markup to boot), and that the queue for fully-custom production is very limited.

42BJ

')