NGD: Jackson USA B7

• Thread starter Najka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
I still need someone to explain me why the headstock is THAT big.

HNGD :D

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Killer, simply killer. It looks like a "get down to business" ax.

Out of curiosity, how do all four of those guitar's stack up against one another?

I'm getting a BlackWater (I think I'm the next batch), I had a BFR JP and have never touched the other two. I wanted to know how they compare in terms of their tone/build/etc.

Dooky

Reaction score
I literally sat here looking at those photos with my mouth wide open. Jaw droppingly awesome guitar dude! Looks so smooth & flawless.

Thor1777

Reaction score
congrats, awesome looking guitar and I bet it plays as good as it looks

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
Congrats & thanks for the excellent photos. :hbang:

As Brian said, Jackson's been doing necks like that for a long time...at least all of mine look similar.

Jacksons with mahogany necks are still full body thickness and, oddly, Jackson Japan (RIP) did full thickness necks on all their guitars.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how do all four of those guitar's stack up against one another?

I'm getting a BlackWater (I think I'm the next batch), I had a BFR JP and have never touched the other two. I wanted to know how they compare in terms of their tone/build/etc.
This,

Absolutely stunning btw. Hngd and fantstic collection.,

Tristoner7

Reaction score
How does it compare quality-wise against the BWGC and the Daemoness?

Meddl

Reaction score
so much win, happy ngd. now that you got this beauty you can give me your daemoness :D :p

Trashgreen

Reaction score
Looks awesome, I like does new Jackson 7 strings. Congrats!

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
fricken awesome dude! Love the simplicity!

Regarding the neck... I've heard "set-neck through" as well.

I will PM you my address for the Daemoness. Thanks. 'preciate it.

(where are the NGD pics for that one?) :)

Panacea224

Reaction score
HNGD man! Looks awesome. I'll be picking up a walnut finished one in a few months.

Najka

Reaction score
NGD for the Daemoness

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/216593-ngd-daemoness-atlantean-7-a.html

The guitars are all different. The JP7 is my go to guitar, just because it feels the best to me. The Daemoness rocks but I've grown to really love the bridge system on the Music man, I like it better then the OFR but that's just my opinion. The Deamoness is an absolute monster of a guitar.. but the JP7 just works for me. I like tweaking and I have fun playing with the Piazo System. I'm also not the original owner so I didn't pick out the specs.

I go to the Daemoness for more sludge/nasty metal, suicide silence/Emmure type stuff. The kind of metal that makes your ears bleed. The EMG's for sludgy stuff.

Music Man does it all, the tone is pretty fat but tight, but I could make it sludgy like the Daemoness.

The Jackson Kicks absolute ass, Love it so far. The neck has a soft C shape, which I find that those necks usually feel best to me. The Daemoness has a pretty hard D shape. The back of the neck gets pretty flat.

The Jackson gets a really good modern metal sound. I think the 27" scale really helps with that. It doesn't phase me and my fingers don't seem as cramped in the higher registers of the fret board. I've been playing for a hot minute so bending, tapping...playing in general is just as easy on the 27" as the 25 1/2. I don't have big hands, If anything they are small. The neck is a little thicker than the music man, but has a similar contour, just slightly rounder. I really think Jackson did it right with this one. The guitar is not heavy, it has a nice weight to it.

http://www.gearhounds.com/search.aspx?find=B7. They ship for free too. There was a bunch of mix ups with Gearhounds, they make these to order so it's like getting a custom guitar. Expect the usual custom shop hassle with this.

https://soundcloud.com/dan-schuch/jacob- JP-7 recording.

https://soundcloud.com/dan-schuch/najka-void- Daemoness Recording.

Chug, Chug, Chuggy Chug Chug, Djent! HAHAH - Jackson

Thanks for all the Comments!

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Where about's does the blackwater sit in your list of guitars to play? Aaron's work looks phenomenal and im on the build list , just curious to see some opinions past the honeymoon stage.

Najka

Reaction score
Where about's does the blackwater sit in your list of guitars to play? Aaron's work looks phenomenal and im on the build list , just curious to see some opinions past the honeymoon stage.

kicks absolute Butt! It's my favorite 6 string I've owned so far. It's hard to compare to my 7's because the neck just feels so incredibly different. (It's so tiny compared to the other guitars) I'm stuck in 7 string land... I spend a lot of time using the black water to figure out chords and theory now. picked pretty bright pickups for it.. The VHII is way to Treble heavy for the wood selection. I need to look into darker pickups for it. It feels like a hand built guitar, it's very unique. When my buddy who plays acoustic songs comes over he sings and strums his guitar and i'll plug into a little fender amp and play along with the BW.

Aaron will build to any spec you choose, so your build will vary. I tried to go for a neck similar to an Ibanez Wizard. I asked for him to make it slightly thinner. I don't think you could get a production guitar with a neck that is as thin as this one. The wood quality is top notch, the Rose wood he used for the neck is unreal.

Latest posts

')