NGD: Jackson USA B7

• Thread starter Najka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Yeah those pictures actually do the guitar justice, the stock photos always seem to make the body shape look really goofy even though in real life it's quite nice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dis89

Reaction score
The fact that Jackson uses a maple top instead of laminate they used to on SL`s enlightens me. The guitar is just awesome.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
You can have two thinner pieces put together rather than use a blank the thickness of the whole guitar, which is pretty wasteful when you chop out the back of the neck from the blank. It's being very economical.

Since the headstock is scarf jointed on, the main portion of the neck doesn't need to have the full thickness to make the headstock part of the original blank.

Jackson's been doing this for a looooong time.

They have also called it a "center blank neck thru" before I think. Its a neat concept when the back piece is a different wood than the neck. They have done that before too. That way you get a neck thru but only a very thin part of the neck actually goes through the body. BRJ has done it before too. Actually, is the back piece of the neck on the back of the body maple or alder?

That guitar looks killer.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
How much are these things and where did you order from? I'm REALLY wanting one, and that top is realllly thick for a production guitar.

Doombreed

Reaction score
Looks like an amazing guitar, HNGD!

I (and I am sure many others) would really appreciate a review of the guitar after you've had some time with her if you get the chance.

Cheers.

Metal-Box

Gear Curator
Reaction score
mustnotfap.jpg

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
That looks amazing. Hopefully, it plays just as well.

As Brian said, Jackson's been doing necks like that for a long time...at least all of mine look similar.

Latest posts

')