NGD: Japanese Bargain Hunting - Explosion Red Moon

• Thread starter AltecGreen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Not that I need another guitar but sometimes things come up that you can't pass up.

I just received my new G-Life DSG Life Alder Blade. It went up on Yahoo Auctions Japan about a month ago but sat. Last week, the price came down to ¥200,000 and then a discount offer hit on that auction. So I got the guitar at ¥181,000. A bargain at today's exchange rate. I paid $3.5K new for my other G-Life. I didn't even have to pay duty on this shipment. Yay!

These remain some of my favorite guitars and they have almost my ideal neck. The one differs from my DSG life ash in that the body wood is alder instead of ash and it has a SuperVee trem instead of a Floyd. The guitar is super light. Otherwise, the two guitars have a very consistent sound. This one came in the Explosion Red Moon finish. I wanted one of the 'Moon' finishes when I bought my first but they were sold out so I got the trans yellow one. So this was my chance after passing on the DSG Life Ash Purple Moon which was just too similar to my other one. Of course, today, two seven string G-Life guitars came on the market. Hmmmmm......🤔

[

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
It's like a carved top Brian Moore with a PRS inline headstock from that ninja turtle guitar and a crimson swirl finish. It looks like it plays fast as AF.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Jackson's Crimson Swirl, which is one of my favourite finishes of all time. Looks killer! :metal:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your NGDs always deliver. While not something I'd personally be interested in, that's cool as hell.

Reaction score
Congrats! Not for me, but that thing looks rad. I too have been hunting for some Japanese guitar deals here lately. There's a ton of Grassroots guitars on Ebay for dirt cheap with free shipping to the US right now i've been really tempted to snag, also some actually MIJ guitars for great prices. (Grassroots = LTD in Japan)

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Congrats! Not for me, but that thing looks rad. I too have been hunting for some Japanese guitar deals here lately. There's a ton of Grassroots guitars on Ebay for dirt cheap with free shipping to the US right now i've been really tempted to snag, also some actually MIJ guitars for great prices. (Grassroots = LTD in Japan)

Be careful buying from Japan using eBay. Most if not all of the sellers are resellers. They do not actually own the guitar. Better off checking the Japanese dealers and auction sites directly first.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice, finish is awesome.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very cool guitar! I'm not familiar with many Japanese makers but it seems like they tend to have interesting specs and great craftsmanship.

Are the mini switches for series/parallel on each pickup?

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Very cool guitar! I'm not familiar with many Japanese makers but it seems like they tend to have interesting specs and great craftsmanship.

Are the mini switches for series/parallel on each pickup?

Each pickup has it's own switch. For the neck and bridge, the positions are on - off - coil split. For the middle pickup it is on - off - coil tap (takes out about 7000-8000 winds out of the pickup). The big switch is a direct switch. It bypasses everything and it the bridge humbucker and volume only.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See? That's really interested and unexpected! To me anyways lol

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Love that neck joint, reminds me of a KxK or something. Looks crazy comfortable.

')