NGD: Just buy a used J Custom

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@mattier303 Thanks! Regarding the neck, not especially? It isn't original Wizard thin but it's not far from it, either. You can compare measurements on the Ibanez wiki.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
God I can't stop looking at this.
How many RGs did Ibanez do with Vintage Violin as their finish? Was it just this and the HSH 6 string? Really fancying getting a RG3120 and getting it refin'd.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Some Reverb searching showed that there were a couple of iterations of the vintage violin finish. One with much more brown around the edges. Looked like one of those unplayable accoustic guitars you see on the wall in a restaurant.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@JimF Honestly it's a bit of a mixed bag with how they applied and sanded back the stain. I've seen some beautiful bursts, though some (such as this JCRG7 in particular) have no burst whatsoever:

IMG202302051437341.jpg

Also, noticed in the original post/photos you can't see fully into the pickup cavities. During the pickup swap I added some red hockey tape to emulate the same sort of vibe the Charvel Guthrie Govan has going on.

')