NGD: Kiesel Aries A6

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
So back in December me and the other guitarist in my band decided to pull the trigger on two Aries A6 guitars. I had been playing a RGA121 and he was playing an LTD EC401 baritone. After waiting only two months I got my Aries 6. Honestly, it's the best playing guitar I've ever owned. Kiesel really hit it out of the park with this one. I have always wanted a Carvin/Kiesel but I was always hesitant of going custom... It is so hard to fork out the money if you have no idea what the end result will be but I have full confidence in the guys at Carvin after this build. I will be getting another one soon!

Specs are as follows -

Hipshot bridge
Swamp ash body
Satin Matte Finish with Deep Black over Flame top
5-pc Walnut neck W/ Maple stripes
Thinner neck profile
Pointed 3+3 headstock
Headstock matches body finish
Black diamond inlays
Stainless steel frets
Gold plated hardware
Gold metallic logo

Ok so first impressions... I play in Drop A tuning with 12-60 NYXL and specifically asked them to set it up in that tuning. I sent them the strings and they set it up. Minor buzzing on the open low E but other than that it is FLAWLESS. Intonation is perfect up and down the fretboard. The action is really low so I have to learn to play with a lighter touch than usual but I'll just chalk that up to more practice time. I am fortunate to work for a company where I can get my hands on almost any production guitar at any time and there is simply no comparison to the playability of this guitar. The Lithium pickups have a ton of body and mid range to them but lacked the low end that I was used to with my blackhawks in my RGA121. I was a little nervous about it at first but during our first practice with our new axes, this turned out to be a blessing. Our guitars found their place in the mix! We had always been fighting with our bass player sonically but the lithiums really found their own pocket to groove in with relation to bass and drums. We have never sounded tighter. (I play through a PRS Archon and 4x12 Orange with vintage 30s and he plays through an Engl powerball and 4x12 with vintage 30s). When played clean with some compression and verb the neck pick up and split coils sound amazing. Tones of sustain with a very nice chime to every string. sometimes it does end up sounding a bit brittle but I might just need to drop the height of the neck pickup to mellow it out.

The final look of this guitar is what really blew me away though. Like I said before, I didn't really know what I was getting into with this build, I wanted something simple but flashy at the same time. I was worried about the Gold hardware most of all. I didn't want the contrast of the maple board and dark finish to clash too much with the hardware. The maple fretboard came out perfect and a little darker than I thought and satin finish let some of the natural color of the maple and ash come through as well. It actually turned out to be a little purple! All in all, it truly was an incredible build and a very, very easy process to go through Kiesel.

side note... we nicknamed him Uncle Bernie, after the late, great Bernie Mac. We felt this guitar was a good embodiment of his style

Anyways... Pics :yesway:

0qMZpNG.jpg

nPjsyJh.jpg

ZmQpr7E.jpg

0hZgZv8.jpg

uQsjEFk.jpg

ThkOdmK.jpg

PyYCfeu.jpg

LHBhD8I.jpg

PRc1DyA.jpg

I'll throw some family pics up later when I can convince my other guitarist to let me take some pictures of them together in some good light :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Is it just the the pictures, or is the headstock a different color than the body?

Regardless that's a very sexy guitar HNGD

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
Is it just the the pictures, or is the headstock a different color than the body?

Ya it does look a little different. The stain is the same but I think they have a different set of maple wood for the tops of the headstock, it's almost like a veneer but a little thicker. Plus in the sun the WHOLE color changed. In lower light it's pretty black but once I get it outside it definitely turns purple.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
When did you order yours? I placed my order on December 23rd and I'm still waiting. (According to chris, they're just waiting on the hipshot bridge.)

Super stoked to get mine probably next week, and this post isn't helping my gas any. Sick guitar. The non drop top actually looks cool unlike most of the ones with figured tops.

jeremyb

Reaction score
Thats beautiful man, they're really putting out some killer guitars!!!

Ajaydizzle

Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;4543122 said:
When did you order yours? I placed my order on December 23rd and I'm still waiting. (According to chris, they're just waiting on the hipshot bridge.)

I ordered mine from Chris too and it was that Friday before Christmas when I placed the order. It'll be very soon dude, Thats the last piece of the puzzle. Did you just get a chrome bridge? Mine was gold so maybe they had more of those in stock.

aciek_l

Reaction score
One of the best looking Aries-es I’ve seens! :) Congratulations! My GAS is getting stronger. ;)

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Chris too and it was that Friday before Christmas when I placed the order. It'll be very soon dude, Thats the last piece of the puzzle. Did you just get a chrome bridge? Mine was gold so maybe they had more of those in stock.

Mine is chrome, and a seven, and you placed your order before me, so there are a bunch of possible reasons why you got yours before me. lol

I'm not stressing about it though. Seeing yours, which is gorgeous, just reminds me that mine is right around the corner and that it's worth the wait.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;4543122 said:

I placed an order for a Vader 6 about early/mid November last year and got an ETA of 3/3. Chris did inform me though that they are running a little bit behind schedule, so I'd assume the same for you.

')