NGD Kiesel Aries AM6

Skouija

Reaction score
WARNING: Because I'm bored at work, and because I tend to like a little bit of meat with my NGD potatoes, I will probably end up with quite the wall of text by the time I'm done with this. Nothing scandalous or interesting will happen, so if you're just here for the pictures don't feel bad skipping over everything else.

I've been waiting months to make my first post here on SSO, and last week my impetus to do so finally arrived! I ordered my first Kiesel (also my first custom, and first >$500 guitar) and I couldn't be happier with it.

Here are the specs, copied directly from my order confirmation email:

AM6 - Aries Multiscale Fanned-Fret Bevel-Top Bolt Neck Guitar
- Right Handed
- White/White
- Satin Matte Finish
- Maple Neck/Alder Body (Standard)
- 5-Piece All-Maple Neck
- Headstock To Match Body Finish
- Pointed Straight 6 Inline Reverse Headstock (Standard)
- Ebony Fingerboard (Less Color Variation)
- No Top Inlays - Side Dots Only
- Stainless Med-Jumbo Frets .048" H .103" W
- 20in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
- Black Hardware
- Kiesel Passive Lithium Bridge Pickup
- Kiesel Passive Lithium Neck Pickup
- Black Pickups (Standard)
- Black Logo

Most custom Kiesels I see are bright-colored or have an extravagant figured top -- generally a lot of hot rod-looking instruments that ooze personality. But I've always had a thing for white guitars. Since the first time I saw an Alpine White Les Paul in a Musician's Friend, to me nothing is sexier than the simplicity and elegance of black accents on a white guitar. Plus, I'm happy having a pristine, clean slate that I can infuse with my own personality and mojo over time.

Not mentioned in the specs are the scale lengths, which are 26.5" on the bass side and 25.5" on the treble side. While waiting for the custom shop to finish my build, I started to get a little anxious. I had just spent over $1200 on a multiscale guitar, when I'd never even seen one in person before. What if I couldn't even play it comfortably? However, as soon as it was in my hands every worry disappeared.

Straight out of the case it was shipped in, this guitar played like a dream. The fanned frets don't even make a difference to my fingers, and the neck is by far the most comfortable I've had the pleasure of playing on. The biggest adjustment I had to make was finding my way around the neck accurately without the monstrous gaudy inlays I was used to. (My daily driver for 6 years until now was a 2009 Schecter Tempest Custom, which I now can't imagine ever picking back up.)

I know Jeff and his company are pretty polarizing around here, but my experience with them was phenomenal and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their instruments to everyone I know. I placed my order in April, and my guitar was completed just over a month later -- far quicker than the 9-10 week build time I was quoted. Say what you will about certain salespeople, but Kiesel has provided me with a guitar that helped me fall in love with making music all over again, and if it weren't for my recently contracted Aristides GAS I'd probably already be planning to order a second one.

Now for what everyone is here to see: PICTURES!
Kiesel1s.jpg
Kiesel2s.jpg
Kiesel3s.jpg
Kiesel4s.jpg
Kiesel5s.jpg
Kiesel6s.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skouija

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I've been addicted to these NGD threads since I was introduced to SSO, and I'm stoked to finally have a contribution of my own.

TheGuitarPit

Reaction score
Great guitar HNGD nice to see Kiesel without all the obnoxious options hope you love it for many years

This is always the best way to go with Kiesel. You can get a great guitar for a decent price from them. I always feel a bit bad when I see someone put $4k of options into an Aries or something...not sure you get what you pay for at that point.

Latest posts

')