NGD - Kramer Turbulence R729 Prototype

thesimo

Reaction score
damn. It looks so weird/goofy, but at the same time it has all the cool looks of a proper modern metal guitar, scallop, the color, black hardware, laminated neck thru, neck binding.

I kinda want one :/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I've been fiddling with the guitar recording some ideas, but I'd like to know what sort of thing you'd like to hear demo'd, as in: would you prefer a tonal / feature overview with short snippets or to see what I do with it throughout a song / jam?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been fiddling with the guitar recording some ideas, but I'd like to know what sort of thing you'd like to hear demo'd, as in: would you prefer a tonal / feature overview with short snippets or to see what I do with it throughout a song / jam?

We can haz both? :D

Though, if you can only do one, a song/jam type of video would be great. Especially if it illustrates the use of all those tiny frets. :)

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
You can, evidently, have both, although my one doubt is whether there will be enough time for me to record the lot in one go. I may record a simple track and post the MP3 should the whole video thing prove to be taking too long, anyway. As for tiny frets, you can listen to them in a harmonized part I did with a R36 in a jam for the guys in MLF. It's my black one with the red DiMarzio EVO7, tuned to drop D with a low A. This is just something I did for fun with the guys in some 15 or 20 minutes, so don't expect some sort of godly tone or execution. :)

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
It's definitely my favourite, by far, but I'd be quite an idiot to own 3 of them if I didn't love the hell out of these guitars! :lol:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Amazing stuff, you are so lucky to be working with Kramer guitars, they are amazing instruments. What's special about this prototype? First Turb with a trem? First with Blackouts?

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
First with 2 pickups and 7-strings, first production Turbulence with OFR, first production Turbulence with Blackouts, first production Turbulence with scalloped board, and also the first Turbulence with neck-thru construction, so basically it's quite a bit different from the production models I own in a lot of aspects. :)

')