NGD: Kramer Vanguard FR 440s

JK-PA

Reaction score
What's up y'all? It's time to say "hi" to my newest eBay score!

cache_36198908.JPG

cache_36198914.JPG

cache_36198916.JPG

Finally I got a floyd rose version of my main stage guitar!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Hell Yes. Sweet Kramer. I picked up an 89' Savant ii about a month ago.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Awesome and sleek looking guitar. I have a black Jackson King V guitar which I love and I sure dig the colour of yours.:)

;>)//

AwakenNoMore

Wrong Handed
Reaction score
Sweet pick up on that. These MusicYo era Kramers are becoming harder and harder to find. I bought a lefty Kramer Imperial (basically a goth explorer but 25.5 bolt on 24fret maple neck) new back in 2003. It had quad rails in it originally but years and years ago I swapped them out for Duncan Distortions. I think I still have one of those quad rails in my parts bin.

JK-PA

Reaction score
Sweet pick up on that. These MusicYo era Kramers are becoming harder and harder to find. I bought a lefty Kramer Imperial (basically a goth explorer but 25.5 bolt on 24fret maple neck) new back in 2003. It had quad rails in it originally but years and years ago I swapped them out for Duncan Distortions. I think I still have one of those quad rails in my parts bin.

Oh yes, especially here in germany they seem to be super rare, compared to the US.
I am super glad, that I finally got this one, was looking for it way too long... :D

The explorer shaped once are still on my wishlist, I am not even that much into the shape... but it's a Kramer haha

mogar

Reaction score
Nice. I got one of those just to try back when MusicYo was blowing them out for $129. Slapped a spare schaller floyd I had laying around in it and it's still going good. The quad rails really aren't that bad of a pickup. Good enough where I still haven't bothered changing them out.

As a side note, I'm still on the hunt for the 2 neck-thrus that they had. The Vanguard one and the Baretta one.

JK-PA

Reaction score
Nice. I got one of those just to try back when MusicYo was blowing them out for $129. Slapped a spare schaller floyd I had laying around in it and it's still going good. The quad rails really aren't that bad of a pickup. Good enough where I still haven't bothered changing them out.

As a side note, I'm still on the hunt for the 2 neck-thrus that they had. The Vanguard one and the Baretta one.

There is a neck thru version of the Vanguard? Didn't know that.

mogar

Reaction score
Yup, the neck-thru Vanguard came in red or black, had a more traditional bridge/neck humbucker layout (not bridge/middle), and came with a real OFR and duncans. It's called the Vanguard Pro FR-202 and was US assembled like its Baretta Pro-II counterpart. Here's a link to an old Reverb listing.

https://reverb.com/item/2103659-kramer-vanguard-pro-fr-202-us-red

There's another one up there for $450usd, but the duncans and OFR were replaced with a cheaper FR special and some chapman pickups. Not worth it in my mind to bring it back up to snuff hardware-wise.

JK-PA

Reaction score
Yup, the neck-thru Vanguard came in red or black, had a more traditional bridge/neck humbucker layout (not bridge/middle), and came with a real OFR and duncans. It's called the Vanguard Pro FR-202 and was US assembled like its Baretta Pro-II counterpart. Here's a link to an old Reverb listing.

https://reverb.com/item/2103659-kramer-vanguard-pro-fr-202-us-red

There's another one up there for $450usd, but the duncans and OFR were replaced with a cheaper FR special and some chapman pickups. Not worth it in my mind to bring it back up to snuff hardware-wise.

Oh I saw them before on google, but I didn't know they are neck-thru. Nice to know, that they actually made a more high-end version of it.