NGD: KxK 7DC Semihollow

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had this for a couple of weeks and have just been too lazy to get pics. Today was a nice sunny day so I decided to get 'er done.

Specs:
- 25.5" Scale
- 24 Stainless 6105 Frets
- Palisander Neck Through
- Mahogany Wings
- Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard
- MOP Offset Block Inlays and Logo
- Volume / Tone / 3 Way
- Pull V and T for Coil Split
- Benedetto Pickups
- Hipshot Bridge
- Dunlop Dual Design Strap Locks

The Benedetto pickups sounds amazing clean and surprisingly good under gain as well. Under gain they're on the bright side and very PAF'ish.

Now on to the pics
IMG_6473_zps57f747cf.jpg

IMG_6496_zps03bf86ba.jpg

IMG_6495_zps98ffd7d1.jpg

IMG_6486_zps14eb16eb.jpg

IMG_6485_zps1ddad3bb.jpg

IMG_6483_zpsdec5c1e2.jpg

IMG_6482_zps2082d682.jpg

IMG_6481_zps0e15cb7f.jpg

IMG_6480_zpsa449f85a.jpg

IMG_6479_zps68fdf1a0.jpg

IMG_6478_zpsdccc399b.jpg

IMG_6477_zps6a1c0b56.jpg

IMG_6476_zps7b17bc03.jpg

IMG_6475_zps740862a9.jpg

IMG_6474_zps77ef0db2.jpg

IMG_6499_zpsc1bb0fab.jpg

IMG_6493_zpscec711ef.jpg

IMG_6490_zps80c7d11f.jpg

IMG_6491_zps1e2b0993.jpg

IMG_6498_zps09cdd36d.jpg

IMG_6497_zps6c921796.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
I remember when you were talking about those pickups for your new build. Came out fantastically!

troyguitar

Reaction score
Can you talk more about the pickups? One of these years I need to get something to put in my AL-7 and PAF-ish is a good start.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh I still wish the birdseye 7DC had a fatter neck because seeing this has me missing it all over again! Such a sick model, I bet with the woods on yours that thing sounds fantastic too! :agreed: Really dig the offset block inlays on there too! :D

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
That burst/fade! :eek: It's so beautifully done. That maple top is exquisite. Classy and great-looking!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
That's real purty, mmmhmm!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
gorgeous

how big is the cavity? imagine it sounds pretty good unplugged as well

The pickups and bridge sit on a solid block and the rest is hollow. The electronics cavity is separated from the rest of the chambering, and the underside of the top is carved out as well.

I remember when you were talking about those pickups for your new build. Came out fantastically!

Yeah I am very happy with the pickups. They're basically a nice set of A5 PAFs with a fantastic clean tone. I'm also glad to finally get them in a guitar, I bought them ages ago and just never used them in anything. They were the perfect choice for this build.

Can you talk more about the pickups? One of these years I need to get something to put in my AL-7 and PAF-ish is a good start.

Not much else to say, I'm not one of those guys that can talk endlessly in phrases that mean nothing about pickup tone. They're a nice sounding PAF'ish A5 pickup.

Ugh I still wish the birdseye 7DC had a fatter neck because seeing this has me missing it all over again! Such a sick model, I bet with the woods on yours that thing sounds fantastic too! :agreed: Really dig the offset block inlays on there too! :D

The neck on this is probably a bit thicker than the one you had, I get a custom profile on my builds. That said this is probably still thinner than you'd like :lol:

I really like how this sounds and am pleasantly surprised by the Benedettos with gain. Nice tone all around.

That burst/fade! :eek: It's so beautifully done. That maple top is exquisite. Classy and great-looking!

I figured with everybody and their brother borrowing PRS-style finishes I might as well too :lol: Vary happy with how this came out :yesway:

congrats!

the two tone ferrules was a nice touch...

The ferrules and the gold wheels on the tuners were both Rob's idea.

Hot damn! HNGD

My thoughts exactly :D

Stellar man! Im liking all the semi hollow kxks....

Yeah these are REALLY nice

:agreed:

Glorious!!!

Yep

That's real purty, mmmhmm!

Thanks

Gorgeous guitar, Steve! Hope you enjoy it!

Loving it!

sick! congrats on such a killer guitar!

Thanks

Wow that is a seriously classy guitar. Awesome wood and hardware choices too! Must sound awesome. Rob never ceases to turn out amazing stuff. Thanks for the epic amount of pics. Congrats, enjoy, and HNGD!

Yeah this sounds huge, loving it :yesway: These semihollows are beasts

That is an amazing looking guitar.

That looks fit for the other kind of shred.

The fusiony kind :D

Yep exactly. I intended this to be a clean machine, which it is, but I am VERY happily surprised with how sweet it sounds with some gain too

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Yep exactly. I intended this to be a clean machine, which it is, but I am VERY happily surprised with how sweet it sounds with some gain too

If Ali Di Meola Played a 7 it would probably look like this. I'd often imagined a guitar like this would be cool to have at some point, or at least see come into existence.

I'm glad someone did it because god know I don't have the money to make it happen :lol:

Maybe I will do the 7 string Tele thinline then. :agreed:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Not much else to say, I'm not one of those guys that can talk endlessly in phrases that mean nothing about pickup tone. They're a nice sounding PAF'ish A5 pickup.

Yeah I wasn't clear - I meant more like what are they called, who sells them, that sort of thing. Are they just B-7's or do they have other models (or a neck and bridge version of the B7)?

')