NGD: KxK Sii-8 (Black Limba - Burl Redwood)

• Thread starter fabeau
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fabeau

Reaction score
This guitar is part of this run. I took this slot from DavidLopezJr trading it for my old KxK Sii-7.
Very briefly: the guitar is breathtaking. Super-light with the thinnest neck profile I've ever seen in an 8 string. The playability is impressive as well as sounds. I'll upload a vid as soon as possible but I need to record a clip for the SkerveTEN first :)

I apologise for the very short review but I am full of work these days. If there is anything you want me to elaborate more just ask.

scale · 25.5-28"
construction · NTB
wings · Black Limba
top · Burl Redwood
neck · 5 pieces Black Limba
fingerboard · Ebony, 12"-20" compound radius
frets · 24 Dunlop 6120
pickups · Custom scatter wound KxK made passive
pickups and truss rod cover · Bird's eye maple
frets · 27 Jumbo Stainless steel
controls · 3-way selector
knobs · Master volume, master tone
Sperzel locking tuners
Dunlop flush mount strap locks
finish · Oil

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ceiling_fan

Reaction score
Awesome! I honestly can't think of ANYTHING I don't like on this guitar! Phenomenal taste my friend! I'm curious to know how many mm thin the neck is...

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Rob at KxK is a master when it comes to choosing timbers and perfection in craftsmanship. Its too bad he's not taking orders right now.

That thing is absolutely amazing! I can only imagine how good it actually is in person. Wow!

KxK and Blackmachine have some things in common. They both have some special stuff going on with timber selection and are both crazy good when it comes to building an insane high quality guitar. Neither will put out a guitar with flaws, they would rather scrap it and rebuild. Most importantly though, they both do literally zero promotion. Rob doesnt have nor want a Facebook account. You have got to hand it to him for that.

Latest posts

')