NGD - Laney Ironheart Studio

• Thread starter Fred the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Even before it was announced officially, I had my sights on this baby and testing it at NAMM sealed the deal. I just love the flexibility on this thing, and to be honest it is ridiculously useful.

2013-03-13

Here's a half arsed, "oh crap, doors open in 30 minutes!" demo of it I did at NAMM, but I think it showcases how you can easily get it sounding cool when recording in pretty much no time at all even with really adverse circumstances:

Proper clips with both the internal speaker sim and impulses will be up soon. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bcolville

Reaction score
As soon as I saw your video during NAMM I've been GASing for this thing. I was really surprised when I saw the price of it. They could of charged way more. Good to know there's still people who aren't selfish.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I find the price on this absolutely ridiculous - it pretty much is set to kill whatever competition there might be out there, really.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Are there possibly any plans to release a version of this with a more man-sized power section!?
At these prices, I'd love to see Laney make a 100w rack power amp for this series. That'd be awesome!

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
And how would one shove 4 6L6's and the massive power transformer in a compact rack space, mate? The one option, which I don't see Laney embracing, would be a solid state power section.

Considering the built-in load box and numerous routing options, a very feasible - and practical - combo is this and a Matrix GT-1000 or so. Works like a charm, and there you go: massive power section and IRT preamp at under 10Kg.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I'm actually only interested in the poweramp section here :p I'm waaay to happy with my Rockmaster to replace it.
But yeah, 6L6's in a 2u is very much possible, seeing as the Mesa 2:90 is exactly that. Solid state would be pretty cool too. All in all it'd be really sweet to see a dedicated poweramp at a reasonable price point.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Nice one Fred! :D You always have some of the coolest toys...Me jelly...

I've been looking at these guys myself, they should be landing in my coutry in a month or so, definitely gonna take one home and see what it can do :)

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
Is this available in US or Canada yet? i can't find it anywhere...

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Wow, this is actually what I'm looking for! Since the Mesa Rectifier Recording preamp is nowhere to be found, this is a great alternative. And with 499 (?) euro it is crazy cheap! Looking forward to the rest of the samples mr. Brum!

')