NGD - Long awaited Jackson content....

• Thread starter MrPowers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrPowers

Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuck. That looks immense. I want one now. What're those pickups like?

I really dont like the pickups. They aren't my style. They have a LOT of high end and very controlled bass. They just dont match very well with my style or my Engl.

Even though I'm not really a fan of new 3+4 style headstock... I'm a sucker for Jacksons. How thick, and how matte/glossy is the fretboard finish? What is the scale length? Beautiful axe, happy NGD!

The fretboard is VERY matte finished and it's very thin. It feels a lot like the Charvel So Cal/San Dimas guitars when they were made in Japan. And it's 26.5 scale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stijnson

Reaction score
Awesome, love this guitar! You bastard! Hehe looks even better in homemade pics. Enjoy it!

KultureDekay

Reaction score
yes! been waiting for a review or NGD of some sort! I hope Jackson won't stop the production anytime in the next two year. Kinda upset Jackson don't make that kinda classis Dinky 6

CrazyDean

Reaction score
I like how the red killswitch is recessed. It's a small accent and looks classy. HNGD

Uno Mas

Greets With Fire
Reaction score
HNGD! I just played the 8 string version a few hours ago and was really really impressed. The 8 was so comfortable to play I can't imagine how the 7 feels. The 8 version was extremely light, what are your thoughts on the weight of the 7?

MrPowers

Reaction score
HNGD! I just played the 8 string version a few hours ago and was really really impressed. The 8 was so comfortable to play I can't imagine how the 7 feels. The 8 version was extremely light, what are your thoughts on the weight of the 7?

It's really not that heavy. It's about the same weight as the Loomis and slightly lighter than the Les Paul. I finally got it set up and this thing seriously rocks. I almost want the 8 string to go with it. Decisions, decisions... :rolleyes:

And on a side note, I finally figured out a use for the D'Activators. They handle Drop G with slightly too loose strings like a champ. Unfortunately, this guitar probably isn't going to be spending much time in Drop G, so they still have to go.

jabo1

Reaction score
oufti :bowdown:.....

like all says, just an amazing combinaison ....HNGD

Zado

Reaction score
Looks soooo classy mate,congrats!

You darn americans, always getting the good stuff before the rest of us. European retailers still don't even have an estimate release date.
It looks really neat, congrats.
We do have MAYOS,mate.

Latest posts

')