NGD - Long awaited Jackson content....

• Thread starter MrPowers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrPowers

Reaction score
Checked FedEx tracking yesterday and to my surprise, this package was supposed to get here a day early. It worked out perfectly because I was planning to be home most of the day.

I've been waiting on this guitar since February and man was it worth it.
9y9s.jpg

dqg6.jpg

A little closer....
2x63.jpg

f2zx.jpg

So what could it be?

lqd8.jpg

9r05.jpg

n2m9.jpg

kfio.jpg

x8nz.jpg

This guitar really is my dream 7. I've been waiting for Jackson to release a 7 string version of the DK2M since I bought my first 7 (Schecter Hellraiser) over 2 years ago. I jumped on it the very first chance I got and I got a fairly good deal for preordering it. It's everything I hoped it was and more. It plays great, even easier than the Loomis I have. It's not quite finished on par with the Loomis, but I honestly couldn't care less. This guitar is awesome either way!

The only two flaws I've found so far are just little dark discoloring's on the neck and right above the neck pickup.

uk9o.jpg

The other one is too small to photograph. Overall I'm very happy! Thanks Gearhounds for getting me one as quick as you did!

Sorry SSO for the IPhone pics, I dont have a good camera readily available and am by no means a photographer. If you want more or have questions just let me know and I'll do my best! I'm going to try to upload some sound clips of it if I can here this week!

Edit: Here are the family shots!

ek0d.jpg

u6rl.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GiveUpGuitar

Give Up the Goods!
Reaction score
Sweet grab, white + maple is something that every guitar player should indulge in at least twice.

Digging the rigs too, loves me some orange cabs.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats on the sweet axe Jill, looks lovely. Can't say the same about your man hands though :D

I kid I kid.

Rev.

ddk

Reaction score
damnnn love the fretboard and the bridge and the white... so clean and pristine... i want it :cool: HNGD :shred:

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Very nice. I had a 50/50 shot preordering from Sweetwater over Gearhands. Usually, that's the right call. Gearhounds ended up having these for less money and got them out faster.

MrPowers

Reaction score
Dude, it's screaming for white pickups! A solid 7/10, would play! HNGD :D

I think I'm going to put some white Duncans in it. I'm not really digging the D'Activatiors. They are very trebly and controlled ("Djenty"). They just aren't really my thing. The Pegasus I have in the Schecter Loomis sounds much fuller and meaner.

MrPowers

Reaction score
Any chance of some shots of the neck heel?

Hopefully these work for you. The heel really isn't as big of a problem as it seems. The contour is just right to rest your palm on when you get to the higher frets. It's very comfortable.

FruitCakeRonin

ss.reg orgular
Reaction score
You darn americans, always getting the good stuff before the rest of us. European retailers still don't even have an estimate release date.
It looks really neat, congrats.

Mklane

Reaction score
Very nice, damn Jackson GAS gets me every time!

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
That looks great. I like the white binding on the maple neck, very unorthodox but it works.

')