[NGD] LPJ

• Thread starter Eric Christian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
lpj_002.JPG
lpj_003.JPG
lpj_001.JPG

lpj_003.JPG
Made in the USA! Somebody in Nashville will have a job to report to Monday because of me lol... I really like the look and feel of the wood on this guitar so I picked it up today. Nice hot pickups and silky smooth fretboard. Did I say... Made in the USA! I think after I bang it up a bit I'll lightly sand it down and stain it black as I can get it and ditch the chrome hardware. Anyone know the best source to get a flat black bridge and stopbar plus all black vintage style tuners?
lpj_003.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hate

Reaction score
I really like this new series, has the rugged player look. Congrats on the NGD. As for hardware, maybe StewMac would be a place to start your search, although I don't think they have flat-black stuff.

DISTORT6

NJ DEVIL
Reaction score
HNGD!
StewMac also has fretboard stain. Something else you might want to try.

Reaction score
Replaced the tuners with Grovers. Stained the fretboard and then lemon oiled it. Custom made a truss rod cover, switch cover and control cavity cover from mild steel and then painted them satin black. And then today the TonePros bridge and tailpiece arrived. Just installed that with some DR Black Beauties strings. Next is an all black switch from Guitar Fetish and then metal pickup rings from StewMac. Still thinking about different pickups. Probably some Bare Knuckles.

http://www.damageddecayed.com/images/les_paul_001.jpg
http://www.damageddecayed.com/images/les_paul_002.jpg
http://www.damageddecayed.com/images/les_paul_003.jpg
http://www.damageddecayed.com/images/les_paul_004.jpg

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
One of the first guitars I ever wanted was the floyded les paul that Jeff H. played on the Ultimate Revenge 1 video (or one just like it lol). Maybe someday.
Pics look great.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
These new Gibsons seem really awesome, the LPJ I played at guitar center felt awesome, really above the pack from most of the Gibsons i've played lately.

Reaction score
These new Gibsons seem really awesome, the LPJ I played at guitar center felt awesome, really above the pack from most of the Gibsons i've played lately.

Yeah, I don't know what it is but I felt the same way. Studios typically felt way to light and cheap for me in the past. Funny thing is this is their total budget model which makes no sense as it feels solid and just as nice as their higher end guitars.

guitarfishbay

Reaction score
Congrats, nice guitar!

My bandmate nearly bought one, but the neck was just a tiny bit too thick for him. Otherwise we both agreed it was a fantastic guitar for the money, I was really impressed actually. It even sounded good stock IMO.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
I see one of these in my future - really liked the SGJ I played. congrats - looks great!

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
wow that looks really good! i like the black hardware on it much better too!

jeb

Reaction score
Is that chocolate finish or rubbed vintage??? Those are available for lefties, I'm so gonna order one!!

')