NGD: LTD Phoenix 1000 Evertune Silverburst

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Got myself an LTD Phoenix 1000 Evertune in silver sunset burst!

I wasn't planning on getting this guitar, in fact I wanted the Baritone 7 string but I couldn't find one in stock but Thomann did have this one and it got me thinking...could be cool... So I bought it and I really like it! Love my Phoenixes and this is definitely a unique one in terms of looks and features as well.

The Evertune is interesting for sure, I had never tried one prior to this but it obviously keeps the tuning and intonation very stable, which is great. IMHO it does have an impact on the tone which I'm not overly fond of but that's just the trade-off I guess. The Fishmans are fine too as per usual.

The fretboard had two cracks in it unfortunately. I could have sent it back but since I love this guitar so much I decided to fix that myself and now it's all good and the cracks are completely gone!

Here's a review video with some tones through my Powerball:

And some pics:

20230324_151625.jpg

20230324_151630.jpg

20230324_151638.jpg

20230324_151719.jpg

20230324_151613.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
man you are living the life with the amount of amps, pedals, and guitars that you have/get to play with.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
The EC inlays are different looking, but oddly I think it works with this headstock better than the EC headstock.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I dig that silverburst color!

And just to save you a headache, @Guitarjon, make sure you stretch the strings like you normally would when re-stringing or you’ll end up being one of those guys saying the Evertune doesn’t work that well.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't even know this existed, but if y'all hear some heavy breathing, it's me reminding myself I don't need it because it's not a baritone

Guitarjon

Reaction score
D'oh, could've sworn all the non-superstrats/Vs were 24.75" (EC/Viper/EX I know all are) but regardless it's not a baritone so I'm safe

...for now

They make a 7 string black metal baritone. It's the only one I don't have but I want it bad

Fierce_Swe

Reaction score
Looking forward to that video how you fixed the fretboard cracks! Nice video of the guitar as usual btw! 😊

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just wanted to say: Cool Video as always, cool guitar and cool Amp!

@Guitarjon i'm waiting for that Diezel VH4 video and the follow-up comparision to other amp legends. :)

Cheers

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Just wanted to say: Cool Video as always, cool guitar and cool Amp!

@Guitarjon i'm waiting for that Diezel VH4 video and the follow-up comparision to other amp legends. :)

Cheers

Thanks! So much to do, so little time! I hope to start working on the VH2 video next week...

Edika

Reaction score
Nice score Jon! It looks awesome! Sorry to hear about the cracks but glad to see that they got sorted. Did you contact Thoman about it to at least get a partial refund?

The LTD 7 baritone seems to be on Muziker that is a EU shop mainly.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Nice score Jon! It looks awesome! Sorry to hear about the cracks but glad to see that they got sorted. Did you contact Thoman about it to at least get a partial refund?

The LTD 7 baritone seems to be on Muziker that is a EU shop mainly.

Thanks! I got a 10% discount. Acceptable but not amazing. I'm glad I fixed it though because it's a killer guitar now.

For some reason I don't trust that music shop but my budget is gone anyway... the qm deluxe is amazing though!

Reaction score
@Guitarjon I'm going to be very honest, I don't like the guitar, it's not my thing, but it doesn't matter at all. I clicked the video because I like your music and you didn't disappoint.

I don't like the guitar because it really is not my thing, shape, thickness, inlays, paint job... and EVERTUNE... I've never played one, but it's something I wouldn't be looking for. I like trems and as for hardtails, they must be able to receive piezo saddles or drop low strings on the fly, which the Evertune doesn't allow.

... but hey, it's good you're having a blast with it and that it inspires you to play, and that alone makes me happy and like the guitar because it shows in your music... 😁 (so many "ands" in this sentence)...

')