NGD: LTD SC-608B red sparkle with Fishmans! (wasn't expecting this...)

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I've really been in the mood for the Stephen Carpenter LTD models lately. I had 2 8-strings, my Ibanez M80M which is unique in it's own right and I had a Schecter C8 Hellraiser Hybrid. Excellent guitar but not 'cool' enough for me when I compared the guitar to the red sparkle SC-608B. Don't get me wrong, that Schecter was amazing but I just love the SC models so much. So I sold the Schecter to a guy (I think he roams on these forums as well, right Jasper??) and I ordered my SC-608B from a store in Germany.

I've owned a bunch of different 8-strings over the years from various brands. Ibanez, Schecter, Agile and I even used to have the black SC-608B until I sold it years ago. After I got bit by the SC bug again a few weeks prior because of my purchase the purple SC-607B1H so I just HAD to get one!

When I got the guitar it had no case so that was a little weird but the store said that they're going to send me a case anyway so I'm still waiting for that. I give all my thoughts in the video and I even did a comparison of the bridge pickup's voicing options. In short: I really love everything about this guitar. It's basically a homerun for me and I wasn't even expecting to be that blown away.

So super happy camper here! Hope you enjoy my review and demo of this guitar. If you just want to hear the riffs and skipp my babble, just click on the timecodes in the description.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
love the sparkle. Im waiting for them to release his 8 string with a floyd

I wonder how that would work out.... I assume it would be super stable but something seems weird about the idea of an 8-string Floyd... Red sparkle Tele with Floyd would be sexy perhaps! :)

trem licking

Reaction score
I wonder how that would work out.... I assume it would be super stable but something seems weird about the idea of an 8-string Floyd... Red sparkle Tele with Floyd would be sexy perhaps! :)
He has quite a few custom 8 strings with floyds now... Have you seen them? I have a schecter 8 string w floyd and it's the most tuning stable of all my guitars. Only thing is the floyd is tough to use to extremes because its 28" scale and it keeps breaking all my arm sockets haha. Just got a magik arm today, hoping that will solve my problem

Guitarjon

Reaction score
He has quite a few custom 8 strings with floyds now... Have you seen them? I have a schecter 8 string w floyd and it's the most tuning stable of all my guitars. Only thing is the floyd is tough to use to extremes because its 28" scale and it keeps breaking all my arm sockets haha. Just got a magik arm today, hoping that will solve my problem

Yeah they look so cool! That pink one looks nice. Have you seen all those ESP videos of him talking about his guitars?

That's crazy about the tremolo arm snapping off (or arm socket? Not sure how that would work)! That would scare me!

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Yeah they look so cool! That pink one looks nice. Have you seen all those ESP videos of him talking about his guitars?

That's crazy about the tremolo arm snapping off (or arm socket? Not sure how that would work)! That would scare me!
He actually has an 8 string Tele with a Floyd. Great video again as well Jon.

trem licking

Reaction score

the bars aren't snapping, just the components inside the arm inserts. i tried the push in arm and it couldn't handle the extra pressure. the original arm holder it came with would not stay tight and loosened up constantly (very common). most recently, my schaller branded arm i installed broke too... the ring inside the collar screw bent up and the plastic slip ring bound up and came out. i just installed the magik arm i just bought, so im crossing my fingers it works because i've basically tried them all at this point

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Cool guitar & cool video!!

One of the best looking production 8 string in mine opinion!

I really hope they ever make a production model from that tele, that things is freaking great!!

HNGD!!

Guitarjon

Reaction score
the bars aren't snapping, just the components inside the arm inserts. i tried the push in arm and it couldn't handle the extra pressure. the original arm holder it came with would not stay tight and loosened up constantly (very common). most recently, my schaller branded arm i installed broke too... the ring inside the collar screw bent up and the plastic slip ring bound up and came out. i just installed the magik arm i just bought, so im crossing my fingers it works because i've basically tried them all at this point

But still, that's pretty crazy. That's not supposed to happen of course. Is that when you're doing stuff like dive bombs etc?

Cool guitar & cool video!!

One of the best looking production 8 string in mine opinion!

I really hope they ever make a production model from that tele, that things is freaking great!!

HNGD!!

Cheers! Yeah I'd get an 8 string tele model in a heartbeat! If they ever do it, please don't do it in black ESP! Neon yellow or pink would work for me. Something crazy haha

trem licking

Reaction score
But still, that's pretty crazy. That's not supposed to happen of course. Is that when you're doing stuff like dive bombs etc?

mainly its from doing big pullups on the bar that really tests the bar's limitations. i like to occasionally do those stupid big dime squeels and after a few of those, the bars just buckle. i attribute it to the 8 strings AND the 28" scale. the pressure feels a bit less on a 27"... maybe its in my head but 27" scale is as far as i prefer to go with a trem

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Neon yellow would be totally crazy and i would buy it in a hearth beat!!

Those neon Solars look cool so it should look just fine on an 8 string tele! :)

mainly its from doing big pullups on the bar that really tests the bar's limitations. i like to occasionally do those stupid big dime squeels and after a few of those, the bars just buckle. i attribute it to the 8 strings AND the 28" scale. the pressure feels a bit less on a 27"... maybe its in my head but 27" scale is as far as i prefer to go with a trem

27 inches is just fine for the most basic 8-string tunings. For F# it's perfect for me. I imagine that the tremelo would indeed feel nicer with the slightly shorter scale.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Well man... that sounded awesome, really awesome.. You know, I stopped playing 8 string guitars because how difficult (here) is to find string sets (and expensive to get them online shipped here), how difficult to get tight/nice tones from them, expensive to swap pickups and gear to find the right tone... but you got me. I better stop watching your videos because I won't help myself if I hear any more good 8 string tones... better turn off Meshuggah right now also...

Cheers!!