NGD! Ltd SC608b (56k Be Wary)

Matt-Hatchett

Reaction score
So I got home from shipping off the Marshall I just sold and there was a knock on my door. I looked outside, low and behold this beauty was waiting at my door! (Yes nearly everything in my room is black and no I'm not "Garthic" haha)

24155170.jpg

99032626.jpg

85488183.jpg

10798423.jpg

57182366.jpg

65112981.jpg

And one shot of my rig since it didn't get a NGD due to the fact that I joined this forum a few days after receiving it.

79197085.jpg

First thoughts:

Wow! this neck is wider than a mother licker! Thank God for huge hands.

Aside from being so wide it's actually a fairly thin neck and very comfortable to play. The low profile of the hipshot bridge allows me to rest my hand comfortably as well.

The clean sound of these pick-ups are surprisingly clear. I figured between the reputation of the clean channel of the 6505+ combined with the Emg 808's that I wouldn't be playing on that channel very much. I was wrong. The strings that came on it are a bit light for my taste. I see myself ordering some heavier ones as soon as I get done posting this.

I love the baritone scale. Always have. Always will.

Neck through is win.

This is my first erg and I'm sure it won't be my last. I've still got a thing or two to learn, but that's the fun of it all. I apologize for the poor photography skills. I'm no John Perri. I'll try and post some clips as soon as I dial in my tone on this son of a mother. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dethfield

Advanced Prototype
Reaction score
Nice score! Im surprised you like the EMG808s. I felt like i was the only who likes those pickups!

Matt-Hatchett

Reaction score
Nice guitar!

You bump into everything at night dont you :lol:

Ha ha actually my eyes have adjusted over the years. I only have one lamp in my room so it stays cold and dark at all times.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This guitar rules so far!

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
what the hell is a white pedal doing in all of these black pictures :lol:

nice man, i keep hearing really good things about this model. whats it like having that middle pickup where it is? i know it would really get in my way so i doubt ill ever own one of these models. would you rather it be in the usual neck position or does it do a fine job right there?

Matt-Hatchett

Reaction score
what the hell is a white pedal doing in all of these black pictures :lol:

nice man, i keep hearing really good things about this model. whats it like having that middle pickup where it is? i know it would really get in my way so i doubt ill ever own one of these models. would you rather it be in the usual neck position or does it do a fine job right there?

It honestly doesn't bother me at all. My problem is getting used to not letting my middle finger hang while I pick. I keeps hitting the bottom strings and cluttering up the sound. Other than that I'm adjusting well to the extra strings and neck width. I'm a fairly big guy though so it isn't much of a stretch for me.

I_infect

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm really eager to try one of these out. How's the string tension?

thefool

Reaction score
love the set up, looking to get a vader cab possibly this summer. the 608 is a beast of a guitar

Matt-Hatchett

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm really eager to try one of these out. How's the string tension?

Pretty impressive actually. I'd like it to be a bit tighter, but I'm sure beefing up the string gauge like I plan to will fix that. The strings that come on it just can't really carry that low F# like they need to.

@thefool Yeah man go for it. I love mine. It crushes!

')