NGD: LTD Static-600

• Thread starter Metalman X
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Got one for a freaking steal at my local GC!

Not usually into signature guitars, but I love the look, and the specs on this beast. And mine came with than EMG 85 already installed too...all for a meager $250. I did put a SD EMTY in it, but ultimately decided I like the 85 better. :hbang:

Static-600withEMG.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSilence

Reaction score
Congrats, Wayne Static is my least favorite guitarist but he pulls off an awesome blue steel look.

Metalman X

Reaction score
Congrats, Wayne Static is my least favorite guitarist but he pulls off an awesome blue steel look.

I think he's good. I dig there industrial vibe, but I'm typically into way harder, darker things myself. Will say, he's a helluva live performer, and that band is machine tight, so i give'm props....and i do enjoy the older material some.

Still, I got this axe cuz I love ESP's EX body shape (both the look and feel), and this has it, plus a bitchin' look, great specs AND 24 frets as opposed to the EX's usual 22. Not that I'm much of a shredder but most of my music is written in low A, and the extrta scale length makes life a tad easier.

DSilence

Reaction score
I think he's good. I dig there industrial vibe, but I'm typically into way harder, darker things myself. Will say, he's a helluva live performer, and that band is machine tight, so i give'm props....and i do enjoy the older material some.

Still, I got this axe cuz I love ESP's EX body shape (both the look and feel), and this has it, plus a bitchin' look, great specs AND 24 frets as opposed to the EX's usual 22. Not that I'm much of a shredder but most of my music is written in low A, and the extrta scale length makes life a tad easier.

Yeah dude youre right I only recently watched a youtube video of him and he seemed tight at what he does, He didnt show off or anything just played his riffs. Its def a nice guitar man, glad you enjoy it.

blister7321

Reaction score
did you re finish it
i didnt think they had natural back/sides or is it a glare

either way grats i love EXs and ive always wanted to try statics sigs

Metalman X

Reaction score
did you re finish it
i didnt think they had natural back/sides or is it a glare

either way grats i love EXs and ive always wanted to try statics sigs

Nope, no refinishing. That's how it came. But I think that's the norm. I'm pretty sure I've seen other pics of this guitar that showed that as well, and I believe the new V version is the same.

Metalman X

Reaction score
Yeah dude youre right I only recently watched a youtube video of him and he seemed tight at what he does, He didnt show off or anything just played his riffs. Its def a nice guitar man, glad you enjoy it.

I think thats one of the things I respect about him. He's all about tight, solid riffs and doesn't even try to pretend to be otherwise. He keeps it simple, but effective.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
if this guitar was routed for two pups, id be looking into replacing my fx-260 with one of these. ive always loved that metal plate top. so this is 24 frets AND 25.5" scale or just the two extra frets?

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Wow I think you must be the 1st person on here to buy one of these and I can't believe you got it at such an awesome price!:hbang:

I've always wanted one of these myself but like most ESP's they cost silly money in Europe/UK (typically around £800-£900) I don't mind Static as a guitarist but I think the guy owes Prong and Ministry quite a few royalty checks though.

Metalman X

Reaction score
if this guitar was routed for two pups, id be looking into replacing my fx-260 with one of these. ive always loved that metal plate top. so this is 24 frets AND 25.5" scale or just the two extra frets?

Well, there is one actually. But it's still the 22 fret model. Also, this is an ESP model, so it won't be found cheap:
The ESP Guitar Company :: Guitars

However, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe LTD made something similar that had a flat black aluminum plate. So, you might want to keep an eye out for that.

Also, if you found one of these cheap enough, you could route another pick-up in easily enough if you have the right tools (or perhaps a competent friend who does, for that matter). Hell, you wouldn't even need to be that precise underneath the plate, since it'd be covered up anyway, so who cares, right? You'd just need to make a nice rectangular cut in the plating. I'd do all this myself, but since this primarily gonna be used for rhythm, I'm not gonna bother. I only use the neck pick-up for a more fluid lead tone on some stuff.

EDIT:
Yes, this one is a 25.5" scale length

')