NGD - Maverick X-1 (You may not have heard of them)

• Thread starter ShadyDavey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Always cool to see one of these pop up. So rare to find.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I had a file. Never let me loose with a file...

Didn't turn out too badly but I did get a little carried away and marred one side dot. Still.....playability is fine and this was my first attempt - doesn't look even in the picture, and that is simply due to the fact they weren't quite. Rectified later :)

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
Nice catch good to see people still seek them out, shame they called it quits, there was talk of a return but it never happened, always wanted myself one of these but the 7 string ones dont come up often, love the knobs.

any chance of a picture of the control cavity? ive always wondered how they were mounted inside :)

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Ooooo, scalloped frets now, eh? I've been wanting to try a lot of not-so-ordinary features like fanned frets and scalloped finger boards. (Not necessarily in the same guitar.) Those knobs, and the electronics cavity has my curiosity going as well.

Also, I love the color. Such a delightful shade of blue.

Reaction score
My old F3 had the best stock pickups I'd ever heard. They were the smaller pole piece versions, and the guitar was one of the earlier direct mount/no binding models.

Great guitars. I'd say better than most Ibanez stuff.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
One picture of a control cavity - as requested :) This is also one of the early direct mount models, and apparently very rare as it has a) custom wound pickups and b) a hardtail.

Which is nice :agreed:

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture :)
Yeah the early ones were sweet I still wish I had bought this one several years ago but was put off by the owner who seemed questionable, the half&half fretboard looked very interesting, glad I had started to save pictures from the interwebs for future reference.
Shame the 7 string species models they made never appealed to me.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
One of those will be mine - they're fab guitars for not a lot of money and for some reason I can't easily explain they really appeal.

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture :)
Yeah the early ones were sweet I still wish I had bought this one several years ago but was put off by the owner who seemed questionable, the half&half fretboard looked very interesting, glad I had started to save pictures from the interwebs for future reference.
Shame the 7 string species models they made never appealed to me.
The species 7 string models were not the same shape as the 6 string models. They looked like this ->
roo-albums-my-axe-selection-picture3444-maverick-species-1-7-string.jpg

I still really want a maverick. I keep seeing JR4's and drooling over them. Either those or a hardtail F will do very nicely! They always come up for sale just after I buy something else though!

Racerdeth

Reaction score
I have an F-1 and a Chaos 1 - they're ridiculous bang-for-buck guitars. The flutteriest trems of everything I own, amazing necks, decent stocks (but I'm a pickup slag so DiMarzios ahoy in both!) and I got both for a ....ing *steal*.

The knobs might look cool but they're a pain in the arse if you want to mod or change the wiring, as is the wiring cavity (thankfully the Chaos ones had normal controls and cavity)

Just to make you guys jelly a chum was doing a deal on jemsite and the guy said "Hey give me another £100 and I'll throw this Maverick in"

Cha-ching! Maverick F1 for £100.

Chaos 1 was in bits on eBay missing pots I think. £85 CHA-CHING!!!

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
The species 7 string models were not the same shape as the 6 string models. They looked like this ->
roo-albums-my-axe-selection-picture3444-maverick-species-1-7-string.jpg

I still really want a maverick. I keep seeing JR4's and drooling over them. Either those or a hardtail F will do very nicely! They always come up for sale just after I buy something else though!

Yeah , ^ doesn't appeal to me, there is actually one for £50 on UK gumtree atm, someone get it :p i dont have the space :lol:

')