NGD Mayones Duvell 7 Gothic

• Thread starter MSS
  • Start date
  • Tags
    juggernaut
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MSS

Reaction score
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeoLmX

I like turtles.
Reaction score
Did the guitar come with the juggs? If not, have you compared the Seymours and BKP's to find which one suited you better?

I'm just curious because my Duvell still has the stock Nazgul/Sentient combo, i have a guitar with the juggs and almost everything is better with that guitar (soundwise), it has more body and I actually love that cocked wah voice that everyone hates here on the forum, except for the neck pickup. I still find the Sentient to be a tiny bit better for leads, it sounds more "neutral".

Oh, and how's the splitting sounds offered by the push-pull knob on the Duvell? Do they fit well with the juggs?

Thanks!

Reactions: MSS

MSS

Reaction score
Did the guitar come with the juggs? If not, have you compared the Seymours and BKP's to find which one suited you better?

I'm just curious because my Duvell still has the stock Nazgul/Sentient combo, i have a guitar with the juggs and almost everything is better with that guitar (soundwise), it has more body and I actually love that cocked wah voice that everyone hates here on the forum, except for the neck pickup. I still find the Sentient to be a tiny bit better for leads, it sounds more "neutral".

Oh, and how's the splitting sounds offered by the push-pull knob on the Duvell? Do they fit well with the juggs?

Thanks!

The guitar came with the Nazgul/Sentient combo which I liked but thought they lacked clarity. It’s all personal preference right? This guitar is mahogany/ash and the ash mellows the mids so I thought a mid heavy pickup like the Juggernaut would work. I am still mulling that over. IMO the juggs work best in basswood. I did not like them in a full mahogany guitar but I do like them in my drop d PRS mahogany/maple top. My favorites so far for the duvell 7 are the Lundgren M7 and the BKP Aftermath.

The cleans are nice and I like the split neck and split neck/bridge.

MSS

Reaction score
Simple and clean. Gotta clip that B string tho! HNGD!
I know lol. I left it that way in case I needed to pull it off. It was pre new pickup installation sound check stringing.