NGD: Mayones Duvell Prototype 7 w/Evertune

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Big thanks to Mayones and Dawid Dziewulski for this incredible build which arrived just in time for recording. The Evertune bridge is going to make tracking rhythms a breeze.

Of course with Blue being my favorite color, it had to be part of the guitar, but I wanted to try it with a Charcoal black base which bursts out to Blue on this very unique figured Maple top (not quite sure if it is a flame or quilt, but it looks beautiful). Of course gotta have my Juggernaut BKP set for pickups, guitar sounds massive, and effectively counteracts the slight loss of tone and sustain the Evertune bridge unfortunately imparts. It should be noted that despite that slight con of the Evertune bridge, it is absolutely an indispensable tool for a recording guitar as it really does work fantastically.
I would assume that the huge route and saddles have something to do with why the Evertune guitars I have all have a similar quality to the string attack and decay that they do, but honestly in a good guitar the pros should heavily outweigh the cons, and this guitar really does sound fantastic.

Here be pics:
iTCFwC0.jpg

kuwHN5U.jpg

GV3sols.jpg

VyGKoig.jpg

T1H7TFa.jpg

R9DADvi.jpg

1lh29C5.jpg

Here be specs:
Mahogany Body
Figured Maple Top
Wenge/Bubinga Bolt-on neck.
Bare Knuckle Pickups Juggernaut set with Black covers and Laser Etched Logo
666mm scale length \m/
Evertune Bridge
Luminlay side dots
Hipshot Locking Tuners

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MarmaladeMad

Reaction score
I can't stop looking at that top. Beautiful! How does the Duvell compare to the Regius?

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats on getting a guitar that is not available to anyone else. :metal:

Mayones USA has told me that the guys in Poland arent doing the Duvell in any scale length beyond 25.4" and that different bridges isnt an option either, although a Hipshot is good enough for me. I also tried to get mine with a 20" radius and that isnt possible either even though Im willing to pay extra for the options. I guess the Duvell is just a production guitar right now with VERY limited options, so Im not getting one yet. That thing is super sick!

I like the volume knob

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
That finish is bananas. Is that a 26 3/16 scale or am I a dipshit?

Zhysick

Reaction score
Looks SICK!

Amazing guitar...

I was a bit worried about the Juggs because I bought a 8 string set for my mahogany guitar but knowing now you use them also in mahogany guitars now I am a bit more sure about my choice of pickups.

Beautiful top! And that cutaway...

Ludo95

Reaction score
Looks awesome bulb! :cheers:
How does this new duvell feel compared to other Mayones you played/own?

AKan

Reaction score
wow...

That guitar is incredible! Congrats

beavis2306

Lusts for gear
Reaction score
Hey chap, thanks for the music. How do bends go with the evertune bridge? I read that it can cause some hassles/require some f**king around.

')