NGD: Mayones Duvell Prototype 7 w/Evertune

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snarpaasi

Reaction score
Your guitars make us all drool time after time. Couldn't have a better figured top, that's sick. Happy NGD! Apparently I found a new desktop background. The top is satin finish isn't it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Congrats on getting a guitar that is not available to anyone else. :metal:

Mayones USA has told me that the guys in Poland arent doing the Duvell in any scale length beyond 25.4" and that different bridges isnt an option either, although a Hipshot is good enough for me. I also tried to get mine with a 20" radius and that isnt possible either even though Im willing to pay extra for the options. I guess the Duvell is just a production guitar right now with VERY limited options, so Im not getting one yet. That thing is super sick!

I like the volume knob

Any chance they're making this with a floyd rose?

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
How do you like the Wenge neck with the Mahogany body?

Also, I find the 26.5" scale perfect for relatively low tunings. A great compromise.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I think that might be my favorite take on your signature blue finish yet! Not to mention the fact that your volume knob goes far past Nigel Tufnel's "11", all the way up to "420"! :lol: Happy NGD!!!

nerdywhale

Reaction score
Sure the Evertune has a massive cavity route, but that tiny little 3-way selector and volume does also. Could that also have an effect of the tone/sustain?

Ps. Lovely guitar! Super jealous of your two newest NGD's.

slapnutz

Reaction score
On another note, no headstock pics? :squint:

I agree, yes please, headstock pic Misha... coz you know...err...internet, thats why.:agreed:

Eitherway it looks super clean and sick dude. Really beautiful axe!

Btw Misha, in your Jackson CS you mentioned your prefer the truss rod adjustment being similar to that of EVH/MM style guitars, i.e. at the body end of the neck. However I noticed this build doesn't have it there and I take it its at the headstock (which I cant confirm due to no pics:p). Was this (truss rod adjustment placement) a conscious decision by you or just what Mayo builder thought would be better suited.

BodyOrigami

Reaction score
That guitar is absolutely killer. Love the neck. I have a wenge/purpleheart neck on my 8 string and really like the feel of the wenge. Anyway congrats on yet another beautiful instrument.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful guitar. Love the top on that, it is amazing......really cool designed pickups too. Very nice!

Amanita

Reaction score
Mayo did plenty of 666mm scale guitars, tho mostly in their Flame line.
Evertune makes instant huge NO for me personally ;)

BetterOffShred

Reaction score
Dude.. seriously.. WTF, this guitar is amazing. That's just beautiful. I really love the top, the neck is seriously gorgeous, the single volume knob, switch model is what I love.. and though I know nothing of the evertune bridge, it sounds great and as Jessica Simpson said "I wannit"

-Brett

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
Looks amazing! I am disappointed, however, to have found out how limited the options are on these, (like scale length, top wood, finish, hardware, etc.) Is that something that's going to change for the general public at some point to where the guitars can be customized a bit more?

')