NGD - Mayones Madness (Bring your broadband folks!)

• Thread starter Imbrium998
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I wanted to invite you to check out a new guitar that I got in today. I placed and order with Chris from Rockbox a few months back to have a Mayones Regius 7 built as my first try with the company. I had a chance to talk with Dawid from Mayones while I was out at NAMM 2012, and I was frankly blown away by the great response I received.

If you are a follower of Mayones on Facebook, you may recognize this guitar. I wanted to have something unique, and I think that they came thru for me. Here is what I got:

Mayones Regius 7
Quilted Maple top
matching headstock wood
DiMarzio Air Norton pickups
Custom faded jeans with a trans white stain
Ebony fretboard - side markers only
Chrome hardware with white pear tuner buttons
11 piece maple neck with mahogany wings and a chambered body

Here is how it went:

Mayones7-1.jpg

Mayones7-2.jpg

Mayones7-3.jpg

Mayones7-4.jpg

Mayones7-5.jpg

Mayones7-6.jpg

Mayones7-7.jpg

Mayones7-8.jpg

Mayones7-1.jpg

Mayones7-2.jpg

Mayones7-3.jpg

Mayones7-4.jpg

Mayones7-5.jpg

Mayones7-6.jpg

Mayones7-7.jpg

Mayones7-8.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
HELL yeah man. Mayones is one of my favorite companies. They make quality, flawless instruments. This particular color on this axe is an inspiration for a build I am working on now. Congrats man!

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
Congrats! This is gorgeous! The chrome hardware and perloid tuner sperzels go fantastic with it too.

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
Awesome as expected of Mayones! How do you like the Air Nortons?

My very first set of DiMarzio pickups. I have not settled in with the guitar yet, but I figured I would try them but I frankly had thought I would replace them with BKP Nailbombs. I just dont think that they are my thing. They sound great on the lower frets and the lower strings. I guess I need to spend more time with them.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Wow amazing! Major congrats! Get some BKPs in that thing. Its gorgeous! Nice mahogany and very nice quilt! :yesway:

EOT

I pull over 500 lbs.
Reaction score
WOW! I've seen several nice ones, but that's the first Mayones that I really like. Congrats!

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
HELL yeah man. Mayones is one of my favorite companies. They make quality, flawless instruments. This particular color on this axe is an inspiration for a build I am working on now. Congrats man!

Thanks and good luck with that build.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
This is the second guitar in a trans-white finish I have actually liked (the first being Devin's Framus).

The back is equally stunning. That mahogany has amazing grain.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
That finish is sweet. I've never really seen anybody use an Air Norton in the bridge. In the neck it is a great pickup. However the 7 string AN is not really what it's 6 sting counterpart is. Now the regular Norton is a kick ass bridge pickup, yet not available in 7. If I were you I would just try swapping the bridge pickup with a different Dimarzio before I went BKP. Out of curiosity what made you go with dual Air Norton's or did it just come that way?

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Great finish, I especially love the woods you chose for the back. I'd love to own one of these bad boys one day.

')