NGD : Mayones Regius 7

• Thread starter Scruffy1012
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, finally received my Mayones Regius 7. I ordered it late last year from The Axe Palace and it was supposed to be completely done by March, but only just got it a few days ago. Overall i'm kind of disappointed, after all of the time and the cost of the guitar itself it really didn't turn out that great. Firstly I ordered the guitar specifically with a set of Bareknuckle Juggernauts and a Schaller Hannes 7 bridge. Really don't like the stock bridge that they put on it (ABM Fixed bridge ?). The neck pickup (no idea what Seymour Duncan it is) isn't working at all, i'm going to switch it out for a set of lundgrens anyway. The guitar itself plays great and sounds great, just a shame that the bridge and pickups and wrong and the neck pickup doesn't work at all (its wired correctly). Comparing it to my ESP customs, i'm still pretty happy with it overall, sounds and plays great (except for the bridge and pickups). I'm still not sure if Mayones or the Axe palace was at fault for messing up the pickup/bridge, but I won't be ordering from Mayones ever again. Still waiting to see if I can get a discount or my money back for the wrong bridge and pickups.

Ill add more photos later.
Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Those ABM bridges are awesome though! And pickups can switched out!

But it does suck that you still didnt get what you had ordered. Mayones shouldnt take a year to get. You might want to find out from Axe Palace exactly when the order was actually placed.

I think the guitar looks amazing! Put in a set of Dimarzio D Activators if Juggernauts are expensive or going to take a while, you wont be dissapointed

ikarus

Reaction score
Pickups can be swapped but that bridge mess up is a whole other thing. I would return it. I mean this is an expensive custom instrument and you should get what you have paid for.

Thorerges

Reaction score
If you filled out a form, paid the money required from you and the form was explicitly clear about what you wanted exactly then as far as I'm concerned - they all messed up.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
If you filled out a form, paid the money required from you and the form was explicitly clear about what you wanted exactly then as far as I'm concerned - they all messed up.

Pretty much this!

The guitar looks great, and I am sure it plays pretty well also, but the fact that you spent so much money on a guitar to get something like a bridge and pickups wrong is pretty unacceptable to me. I think it is pretty unacceptable that the axe palace didnt fix the problem the second the guitar got there. I have played two Mayones and I thought they looked beautiful, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the sound (for the price of the guitar anyway). Either way it looks like a killer axe and i hope you really enjoy it. I hope you get some things settled or at least get some sort of compensation back for the mistake.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
that is still a great looking guitar tho...

...hopefully they will make it right for you.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
First off, HNGD!

2nd, I'd be pissed if I spent upwards of 2k on a guitar order that didn't come out to my specs, AND showed up with half of the pickups not working. Lamesauce man, and I feel for you, considering I figure you were pretty damn hyped about this axe. Hopefully AP will do something for you. If they won't I'd be pretty damn tempted to return it.

Beautiful guitar though!

pylyo

Reaction score
I would return it too or at least ask for a discount in case you like the guitar. But I'm surprised that they haven't note you on the changes. I had a bunch of Mayos and it was always nice dealing with them, fast responses and all... They always mail me if anything goes wrong or any single thing isn't as expected.
So I assume the problem was in Mayo USA or the Axepalace.

Also, went over the most fixed bridges on Regiuses (hipshot, ABM, Hannes,...), my favorite is the ABM. It's comfy, low sitting and small in general, simple and very stable and not coloring the sound as some of the others tend to do. All I'm looking for actually. But that's me.

Dominion

Reaction score
This thread makes me worry...
I've just place a order directly from Mayones Poland
and already paid the deposit,
but they didn't send me a invoice...only confirmed by email...

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
This thread makes me worry...
I've just place a order directly from Mayones Poland
and already paid the deposit,
but they didn't send me a invoice...only confirmed by email...

Mayones doesnt really mess things up, they make the specs given to them. From my experience they are very precise about what they are doing. I mean, they have contacted me to tell me they dont have 4mm blue luminlay dots in stock so do I want to wait or just go with 5mm. They dont mess around. If they put an ABM bridge on the guitar then thats what they were told to put on it.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Thats a pretty hefty delay, was any reason given?

I remember seeing an NGD a few months back, some guy ordered the Hannes 7 but got something else (hipshot or ABM, I forget) because apparently Mayones hadn't got the routing right yet or something? They didn't ask him though, just put on the other bridge.

Reaction score
Didn't get any reason why it took so long and still no word if I will get any discount or anything from the axe palace, I'm still waiting on a set of pickups I ordered in Feb. from axe palace, don't think I'll get a response refund/discount on the guitar or anything at all for a while. I emailed Mayones directly to see if we can sort this out, really bummed that this happened.

Reaction score
You ordered a set of pickups from Axe Palace in Feb and still havent gotten them?

Yes, I ordered them on the 23th of Feb. 2014 (have the paypal receipt), and still haven't gotten anything except for a bunch of emails saying "ill send them ASAP". I've talked to a few mates who are endorsed by Mayones and they said they didn't have any issues at all with their guitars and got their guitars pretty quickly after ordering it.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Oh wow, I thanked for the pics and didn't read.

I'm really sorry man :(

Thorerges

Reaction score
Yes, I ordered them on the 23th of Feb. 2014 (have the paypal receipt), and still haven't gotten anything except for a bunch of emails saying "ill send them ASAP". I've talked to a few mates who are endorsed by Mayones and they said they didn't have any issues at all with their guitars and got their guitars pretty quickly after ordering it.

Someone else I know had this issue. I know the AxePalace generally have high customer service, but it's worth knowing.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i ordered BKPs last year and it took almost 2 months to get. i called em up and talked to nick and he was awesome and made it right immediately saying that my order was simply missed somehow. did you try calling?

jahosy

Reaction score
HNGD mate. Sorry to hear about the wrong specs, but from my experiences Mayones are pretty spot on with their timing and the Aussie dealer i dealt with were in constant contact with them regarding specs changes / photo updates etc. and I was always informed on the progress till delivery. Contact AP again to sort out the issue.

As for BKP from AP, I've encountered the same problem a few yrs ago. Wasn't impressed at all.

Hope it'll work out for you, whether a return or discount. It's a beautiful axe nonetheless!

')