NGD : Mayones Regius 7

• Thread starter Scruffy1012
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
If you want a return you should absolutely be offered a return - if it doesn't have the bridge I ordered, it might as well be a pizza.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Gawd this is so hot, congrats and happy NGD. Gassing so hard for a Mayones, sucks to be a student haha

Timelesseer

Reaction score
That's a shame about the bridge and pickup screw up. I have a Duvell 7 on order through the Axe Palace group run and I reallllly hope it doesn't take that long for it to come in. We were quoted 4-6 months, so we'll see. The top on your Regius looks amazing though. Hopefully they or the Axe Palace can make it right for you! Happy NGD despite the issues!

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
That's really a shame because that top is awesome. One of the more figured ones I've seen. I'd ask for free replacement pickups and some cash back. That bridge will serve you well tho. The Hannes is nice but it won't really offer you anything this one won't.

Zsharp

Reaction score
i'd make axe palace take it back for a refund. Pickups I could MAYBE understand but the bridge too, really? It shouldn't be that hard to get a GD guitar right in a years time especially when the customer is paying top dollar for a supposed "high end instrument." Either way don't settle for something you didn't wait a year for and pay top dollar for!

Thorerges

Reaction score
Yea if you really don't like the bridge, then there is a definite argument to be made for a return. Also, the fact that one pickup doesn't work is extremely reckless of them - doesn't someone test this before they ship it to make sure everything is working?

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really like just getting in the middle of arguments but the facts are that if you have the docs showing you ordered it differently and they are at fault, as hard as it is to give it back up, you'll got to get them to take action.

Shame, a beautiful guitar. But yeah, I'd be bummed if it wasn't what I ordered.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Why do people order BKP's from AP? Anyways, Op, it looks wonderful. That is really ....ed, though. I'm trying to figure out how all of that could have gone amiss. The pickup not working is the most understandable, but the wrong bridge and pickups? That is very outlandish. Anyways, happy new guitar day! I hope you get some money back and go on to enjoy that beautiful axe!

Possessed

Reaction score
Why dont you let the dealer send you some pics before the guitar was shipped to you? If you did so, the guitar can be returned or rebuilt immediately.

Threadnaught

Reaction score
Not that this helps you, but I put in an order for a Regis 7 in August through guitarguitar in the UK. My original specs had a hannes bridge but when the order got put through the dealer contacted me to say that they had production issues with the 7 string hannes bridges and I could either wait an unspecified amount of time, or go for a hipshot or ABM.

I chose not to wait, but at least I was given the option. Sounds like your dealer let you down, and I would definitely take this up so them.

Dominion

Reaction score
Not that this helps you, but I put in an order for a Regis 7 in August through guitarguitar in the UK. My original specs had a hannes bridge but when the order got put through the dealer contacted me to say that they had production issues with the 7 string hannes bridges and I could either wait an unspecified amount of time, or go for a hipshot or ABM.

I chose not to wait, but at least I was given the option. Sounds like your dealer let you down, and I would definitely take this up so them.

Is there any problem about the hannes 7???
Seldom to a 7 strings comes with a hannes

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sorry this happened. He made us aware of the mistake, and he asked us to send him the pickups and a partial refund, which we agreed to. Not sure the need for all the drama. I've always been more than willing to take care of any problem.

Why do people order BKP's from AP?

Why not? Our prices are good, we know our stuff, and most people enjoy their experiences with us. No ones perfect, though.

Reaction score
Why dont you let the dealer send you some pics before the guitar was shipped to you? If you did so, the guitar can be returned or rebuilt immediately.

I just assumed from the price and Mayones reputation that it wouldn't have any issues. The dealer never opened the box and sent it as is.

I got a message from Mayones stating that they had told the dealers that there would be a wait on the Hannes bridges and that they specifically told the dealers to tell the customers about it. I never got told, they also stated that the pickups should have been changed by the dealer (The Axe Palace) before it left the store. They didn't say anything about the dead neck pickup.

Sorry I haven't been able to answer all of the questions, I'm still waiting for the refund, original pickups I ordered and the pickups for the guitar.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Sorry this happened. He made us aware of the mistake, and he asked us to send him the pickups and a partial refund, which we agreed to. Not sure the need for all the drama. I've always been more than willing to take care of any problem.

Why not? Our prices are good, we know our stuff, and most people enjoy their experiences with us. No ones perfect, though.

Not because of the mix-up with OP's order. Once they deduct the VAT from their prices, isn't BKP's close to yours? I also think BKP's service is phenomenal, having Tim himself give responses to customer emails is a wonderful resource to take advantage of. In light of those thigs, I was always curious what the advantage was with ordering from AP.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just assumed from the price and Mayones reputation that it wouldn't have any issues. The dealer never opened the box and sent it as is.

I got a message from Mayones stating that they had told the dealers that there would be a wait on the Hannes bridges and that they specifically told the dealers to tell the customers about it. I never got told, they also stated that the pickups should have been changed by the dealer (The Axe Palace) before it left the store. They didn't say anything about the dead neck pickup.

Sorry I haven't been able to answer all of the questions, I'm still waiting for the refund, original pickups I ordered and the pickups for the guitar.

We did not send it as is, we did inspect it. The pickup was not dead when we tested it, obviously. Its possible it got jostled in shipping or something. My tech went over it and would not have let it go if there was a problem. The BKP thing is my bad, I forgot to tell him to install the pickups before it was too late. Obviously we can send them to you, or refund you, but you need to decide which option you want (you've made requests for both and its confusing).

We'll take care of you man, dont fret! We've never not taken care of anyone or atoned for a mistake once in our history. Not going to start now with you :)

Not because of the mix-up with OP's order. Once they deduct the VAT from their prices, isn't BKP's close to yours? I also think BKP's service is phenomenal, having Tim himself give responses to customer emails is a wonderful resource to take advantage of. In light of those thigs, I was always curious what the advantage was with ordering from AP.

No one's saying BKP direct isn't a good option, but since you asked the question: the reason so many people order BKPs from us is we have the lowest prices (base price, lower shipping price, no foreign transaction fees which show up on your statement when ordering something in British Pounds, unfavorable exchange rates, etc), we go the super in-depth with people's pickup questions, and are pretty close to batting 1.000 on pickup recommendations.

We also are the only store in the world that has dozens of BKP loaded guitars on hand for people to try at any given time, and all of us know each model inside and out. Plus we offer a 30 day trial period, offer to waive installation fees when people order BKPs and a guitar together, and a lot of other cool things.

I know it sounds corny, but aside from the occasional screwup like what happened here, we didn't become BKPs biggest dealer by accident :p

Zsharp

Reaction score

Man....you got it all wrong it should never take a year to get a guitar with those mistakes. I'd be livid if I was that patient and got that. People pay thousands going In blind. If you're charging top dollar get it right.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Man....you got it all wrong it should never take a year to get a guitar with those mistakes. I'd be livid if I was that patient and got that. It's not just mayones or you guys either, Strandberg is also putting out garbage after people pay thousands going in blind. If you're charging top dollar get it right.

We cant control the build times, Mayones already explained why that happened. And it didn't take a year. The guitar is flawless, outside of the pickups etc which is correctable. We're compensating him for the mistake.

Zsharp

Reaction score
The bridge isn't the right bridge according to the buyers NGD post. I'm not saying it's AP's fault, all i'm saying is that I would be pissed if I got this guitar. And I'll also strongly say that it's not "flawless", it has the wrong bridge, that is a major flaw.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The bridge isn't the right bridge according to the buyers NGD post. I'm not saying it's AP's fault, all i'm saying is that I would be pissed if I got this guitar. And I'll also strongly say that it's not "flawless", it has the wrong bridge, that is a major flaw.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be pissed, I would be too. But its not a guitar quality issue, its a fixable hardware issue. He's being compensated fully for the trouble. The guitar is still an incredible, flawlessly crafted instrument. Once this is taken care of, I am sure he'll be stoked. A lot of guys wait for a long time for custom built guitars, to discover its not even a very nice guitar. This won't be one of those cases.

Zsharp

Reaction score
The guitar looks beautiful, and I'm sure once it's corrected it'll play and sound like what the customer had imagined it would when he ordered and paid for it! Props to you guys for making it right!

')