NGD: Mayones Regius 8 QM

• Thread starter 101stCentury
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am brand new to this forum - this is my first thread - and I thought I'd share with you a guitar I received today that I first heard about on this site! Sorry in advance if I'm not following proper etiquette...

Specs:
Body - Swamp Ash
Neck - 11-ply Maple-Mahogany-Amazakoe-Wenge
Fretboard - Ebony
Radius - 16"
Scale - 27"
Frets - Medium
No front inlays, blue Luminlay side inlays
Tuners - Sperzel Trimlock
Bridge - Hipshot 8-string Fixed
Nut - GraphTech BlackTUSQ
Pickups - Bare Knuckle Aftermaths w/ coil tap

I've only got a chance to play on her through a clean channel on a tiny amp so far, but she sounds amazing and even made it sound full and decent. She plays fantastically, I'm still getting used to the 8th-string, but it's a lot less of a hassle with how smooth the neck plays.

Enjoy some pictures! I'll update this when I get a chance to play with a real amp.

Attachments

• DSC_0446.jpg
    DSC_0446.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_0448.jpg
    DSC_0448.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 178

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Fucckkk not more mayones gassss.

beauty man, straight beauty.

Reaction score
Thanks all! By the way, I've received some conflicting info about the scale length from Mayones vs. the dealer, and I'm not sure I believe that it's 25.4"... If it is that short then I'm a little worried that I'll have trouble keeping the 8th string tight. Any thoughts? I love this guitar, but I have to say that information on it has been inconsistent at best throughout the ordering process. No immediate regrets, though.

Edit: issue resolved - the certificate from Mayones was wrong and the scale length is 27". Phew!

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Probably would have been wiser to get a 27" or so given the low tuning of the 8th string. If you think its even shorter than 25.5 you're probably going to have a lot of problems and may want to consider sending it back to mayones.

zachyl

Reaction score
25.4 is pretty short...even 26.5 is pretty short. You are going to have a hard time with that 8th string

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks all! By the way, I've received some conflicting info about the scale length from Mayones vs. the dealer, and I'm not sure I believe that it's 25.4"... If it is that short then I'm a little worried that I'll have trouble keeping the 8th string tight. Any thoughts? I love this guitar, but I have to say that information on it has been inconsistent at best throughout the ordering process. No immediate regrets, though.

25.4 is for all purposes the exact same scale as your average guitar. Is the neck longer (or the bridge to nut distance)? I bet it's longer :yesway:

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Almost positive that's a 27" guitar. I'm not sure Mayo even makes a non-baritone 8-string.

Did you pick this up off eBay?

ThatBeardGuy

Reaction score
Happy NGD! That's quite the way to start posting here. Mayones make some seriously nice instruments. If you want to check the scale length why not just take a tape measure and measure from the nut to the bridge? Then you know for sure what it is.

shoot2thrill

Matthew 16:26
Reaction score
I looked all over their site and couldn't find one shorter than a 27" scale. That f# wouldn't even be usable on a 25.4 haha

Happy NGD!!!

Latest posts

')