NGD Mayones Setius

• Thread starter cipe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cipe

Reaction score
Well I just picked this bad boy up off of Zack (Thanks again!) and just wanted to share.

It's been fitted with hipshot locking tuners and I'm not 100% sure which seymour duncans are installed, but I like them. Very ballsy sounding through my Mark IV.

Basically, I love it. It's probably not going to be my last Mayones :) .

9089673122_3a0e32eb7b_b.jpg

9089677414_449eb3d1f4_b.jpg

9089685312_d40b20db20_b.jpg

9089683778_460f86a243_b.jpg

9087461171_cfb39d18ba_b.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure those are my old pickups. Traded them to the user who installed them in that guitar. They are Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickups.

ihunda

Reaction score
Also, there's a 99% chance the pups are SH4/SH2 since it's a Mayo.

Judge_Dredd

Reaction score
Congrats! I got myself a Setius Pro last sunday. Great guitar! And not my last mayones either I think.

cipe

Reaction score
Thanks guys! You're all so nice :)

I'm almost 100% sure those are my old pickups. Traded them to the user who installed them in that guitar. They are Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickups.

Wow! What a coincidence! Well, that saves me the trouble of taking them out and then poking around on the internet to find the model.

Reaction score
After I sold that guitar to Fluxx, he had told me he put a JB/59 set in it. I'll have him pop in this thread to confirm what the pickups were before he sold it to Zack.

Fluxx

Reaction score

Mikey is bang on here.
These are SD JB/Jazz custom black matte pickups that came out of a Jackson SLS I got from Mikey. The Hipshot tuners came off that same guitar. I sold the SLS to some guy in Russia, and put the upgraded pickups and tuners on the Mayones and played it for several months before I sent it to Rick Giarmo to be refinished.

Long story short on the top; The guitar was built in a time when Mayones had a hard time sourcing high figure tops. They used a veneer on the top thats on it, and when Rick Giarmo sanded the old redburst paint off if came out like this. Looked like an interesting figure, so I said go ahead with the refin.

The guitar played great, and is one heavy-ass piece of mahogany. I agree with the OP's description of the tone. Very brown sounding guitar. A lot like a traditional LP tone. Great guitar, but I traded it to Zack for one of the Carvin 7 strings he had for sale, so it's win-win for everyone :)

HNGD OP!

cipe

Reaction score
Very cool man! Thanks for telling me a bit more about it's history. I think the top looks pretty sick as it is, so good call on keeping it visible!

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Holy sh** that looks incredible!
Mayones are definitely on the radar for my next purchases

HNGD!

')