NGD Mayones!

MatReeves

Reaction score
I don't post on here too often but I thought you guys might enjoy this! :)

Just got this in today and it is incredible! Went with the Swamp Ash Body, Crunch Lab/Liquid Fire pickups, and had the back painted matt black.

2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
DSCN6367.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Dat... well, was going to say "dat neck joint", but then I could also have said "dat top", or "dat finish", or "dat shape"...

Fuck it, dat everything.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Wow awesome! Big Congrats! Looks like a baritone? If you change out the pickups then try Aftermaths. Ive tried JB, Distortion, Holydivers, Blackhawks, and Aftermaths in my swamp Ash Regius 7s with maple tops and Aftermaths just sound tight and so clear in this guitar. CL/Lf might not be too bad though eh

I love the finish

MatReeves

Reaction score
Wow awesome! Big Congrats! Looks like a baritone? If you change out the pickups then try Aftermaths. Ive tried JB, Distortion, Holydivers, Blackhawks, and Aftermaths in my swamp Ash Regius 7s with maple tops and Aftermaths just sound tight and so clear in this guitar. CL/Lf might not be too bad though eh

I love the finish

Thanks man! Nope not a baritone. I am planning on switching the pickups I went with the Dimarzios since I was already spending quite a bit on the guitar I unfortunately couldn't go the extra mile for Bare Knuckles. I was debating between the Aftermaths, Blackhawks, or Coldsweats. Obviously your a fan of the Aftermaths but I am curious to know your opinion on how the Blackhawks sounded in the guitar?

fortisursus

Reaction score
I'm usually not into distorted strat shapes, but Mayones guitars hit is just right everytime

pylyo

Reaction score
The goth finish is the hottest of all IMO.
Recently I had a chance to buy Regius 7 in that finish for a really great price but the EMGs turned off.
Few days later I decided to buy it anyway but sadly it was already sold.
Happy NGD!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks man! Nope not a baritone. I am planning on switching the pickups I went with the Seymore Duncans since I was already spending quite a bit on the guitar I unfortunately couldn't go the extra mile for Bare Knuckles. I was debating between the Aftermaths, Blackhawks, or Coldsweats. Obviously your a fan of the Aftermaths but I am curious to know your opinion on how the Blackhawks sounded in the guitar?

What Duncans? The JB and especially Distortion both work very very well in the guitar. You know, pickups are an interesting thing. The Aftermaths were my fav in this guitar and the Holydivers my least fav. But in the maple neck with mahogany wings KxK I have, my fav was the Holydivers.

Anyways, the BlackHawks are awesome in this guitar for sure, especially for leads and higher notes they just sing. They have a little less sparkle than the Aftermaths but do have a good solid not so liquid sound on the lows. Cant go wrong with Black Hawks. While the Black Hawks do sound killer in this guitar, they did have a more scooped sound in the mids than the Aftermaths. Swamp Ash in general is all tight lows and singing highs with a scooped mid range.

Edit: On paper the Black Hawks have strong mids. They are weird pickups. They are good but just probably the hardest for me to describe in words

MatReeves

Reaction score
What Duncans? The JB and especially Distortion both work very very well in the guitar. You know, pickups are an interesting thing. The Aftermaths were my fav in this guitar and the Holydivers my least fav. But in the maple neck with mahogany wings KxK I have, my fav was the Holydivers.

Anyways, the BlackHawks are awesome in this guitar for sure, especially for leads and higher notes they just sing. They have a little less sparkle than the Aftermaths but do have a good solid not so liquid sound on the lows. Cant go wrong with Black Hawks. While the Black Hawks do sound killer in this guitar, they did have a more scooped sound in the mids than the Aftermaths. Swamp Ash in general is all tight lows and singing highs with a scooped mid range

Crunch Lab/Liquid Fire Which do sound awesome so I'm in no rush to swap them out haha. Alright I'll keep that in mind when the time comes! It would be nice if I could just hear them in person and make a decision but I'm in Canada so there not exactly popular pickups over here haha :p

Edit: Sorry I'm an retard didn't even notice that I typed in Duncan's rather then Dimarzio :(

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
those pickups are a heresy, but it does look nice enough to want to steal it :D

HNGD !

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
God, I'm jealous of this! I was actually thinking earlier that out of all the guitar brands I've seen, I'd really rather have a Mayones. But, I'm still a poor college kid :/ Happy NGD!

')