NGD: Mayonnaise is a truly delicious condiment. Now with cheeky vids!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brndn

Reaction score
shitsøn;3785635 said:
I personally would be very disappointed if I ordered a spalted maple top and got this. But you're happy with it and that is all that counts. Neck looks great!

Why's that? Personally I'm not a huge fan of eye-popping grain, so I don't much like quilt or highly figured flame tops. I've seen good ones, sure, but I like it when there's *just enough* figure to get the point across. Good contrast. I guess the only thing I'm disappointed about is that I didn't get to choose it. Different strokes I guess.

The neck IS great. The extra 2mm shaved off of it really makes a difference, especially stacking it up against my baseball bat of an Interceptor. Plays like butter by comparison.

wilch

Reaction score
I started emailing the Australian distributor around March/April, and I was quoted 12-16 weeks. My birthday is in August so I'd initially hoped to have it by then. Unfortunately it ended up taking much longer, as is the case with all things custom I suppose.

Awesome guitar man!

Can I ask who you went through in Aus? There seems to be 2 different websites claiming to be a distributor, but only one is linked on the Mayones site.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
What was it like getting them to do a custom thinner neck profile? I always wonder how I'd do on one of these being so used to the super thin Ibanez Wizard, but it sounds like Mayones can do profiles other than their standard thickness?

Brndn

Reaction score
Awesome guitar man!

Can I ask who you went through in Aus? There seems to be 2 different websites claiming to be a distributor, but only one is linked on the Mayones site.

They're actually the same company: Ubersonic in Aspendendale VIC.
The Mayones AU site is administrated by them, just a separate domain.

What was it like getting them to do a custom thinner neck profile? I always wonder how I'd do on one of these being so used to the super thin Ibanez Wizard, but it sounds like Mayones can do profiles other than their standard thickness?

Initially I was told they couldn't do it because they CNC all their necks in batches, but I emailed Artur pretty early on asking if it was possible and for some reason they agreed to do it. If they'd said no I probably would have gone with a totally different luthier, so I'm really glad they agreed.

DakiEnt

Reaction score
Dude that is a beautiful guitar. I own two Regius(es?, Rege-i??) now and absolutely love them both. I'm sure it plays great. I'm glad you shared the info about them not letting you choose a top, that is interesting. Personally if I ordered a spalted top I would want it much more"spalted"--but to each their own. Again though, I saw that guitar an FB and was jealous. HNGD!

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
Dude that is a beautiful guitar. I own two Regius(es?, Rege-i??) now and absolutely love them both. I'm sure it plays great. I'm glad you shared the info about them not letting you choose a top, that is interesting. Personally if I ordered a spalted top I would want it much more"spalted"--but to each their own. Again though, I saw that guitar an FB and was jealous. HNGD!

Regii.

HNGD! The guitar looks and sounds awesome, as we've come to expect from Mayones.

serch777

Reaction score
So you're the owner of that beauty I saw on their FB page!! Congrats man! I'm jealous!! :D

jahosy

Reaction score
Congrats mate! Love that combo!

Pity on the Hannes but like most have mentioned the ABM is a real solid bridge.

And ordered back in April / May? Must've gotten a really good deal considering the strong A$ back then :)

Brndn

Reaction score
Congrats mate! Love that combo!

Pity on the Hannes but like most have mentioned the ABM is a real solid bridge.

And ordered back in April / May? Must've gotten a really good deal considering the strong A$ back then :)

Yeah, admittedly I can't even tell it's under my hand. I was taking a gamble on the Hannes too; I've been told it's notoriously bright thanks to each string and saddle being mechanically separate from the others. This guitar has PLENTY of arse so far, even with the minimal arse levels of the Beck and Jazz combo (which I was going for, I like a little honk in my mids).

All in all, ain't even mad.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score

Brndn

Reaction score
shitsøn;3787062 said:
I'd just like it to be more spalted, as in more of those black lines going through it. Other than that there's nothing wrong with it. But yeah, something along those lines:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...fI/AAAAAAAAFWk/MafTDTiQtxY/s1701/IMG_7047.jpg

Like I said, it's important that you're happy and that seems to be the case, so there's nothing more you could ask for. Enjoy that new axe of yours and happy NGD!

Depends which light you look at mine in and how much post processing you give it :p. That Carvin most certainly isn't raw iPhone-shot. For instance if I give it even the tiniest tweak to levels (and I mean tiny) I get this:

... and that's generally how it looks in the flesh. Tooootally granular duuude.

Stangstag

Reaction score
Wow. That is an awesome guitar man. If only i had the money for one of these!

Mayones IS delicious

Latest posts

')