NGD-MIJ 7621

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
You guys have seen this before...who hasn't? I'd be surprised if fully 50% of you don't own one.

Was looking for a cheap 7 to work out ideas on, and to mod eventually....picked this up in a trade and dig it. Pups are ok (the original DiMarzio 7s that came in these) and I love the neck....no sharp edges and no bleeding. Bridge is dope....I figured for the price these go for used I'd throw a Hipshot on there but there's no need. None of those 'Ibanez sticker' hemorrhage causing saddle screw issues....this is pretty nice, actually. Pretty impressed for how old it is....got some finish issues but nothing major.

Pics:

Chug clip in D standard with a low G:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/steinmetzify/rg7621[/SC]

Could see this one sticking around for a while.:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Those are genuinely good guitars - more than just cheap beaters. Good catch.

Yeah I'm pretty shocked, actually....I wasn't really expecting it to play this nice. I'm not generally an Ibanez fan (I know, it's weird); the necks have always been too thin and shreddy for me, and I'm generally a rhythm and riff guy. This one is nice! Thanks man!

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
cool!, I'll love to have such a ''barebones'' yet solid guitar to fool around, which are some of the mods you have planned for this :D?

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I miss mine.

They are awesome guitars, no frills but with proper Japanese attention to detail, and a legitimately amazing guitar to play. They don't sound half bad either.

karjim

Set the World Afire
Reaction score
HNGD man, 7620 are unbeatable for the price....Mine plays and sounds better than my 06' UV .
This one maple neck was something. I can understand why Ibanez stopped this production. Too expensive for the book charges! Let's now take some Ikea wood stripes to put in your Ibby ! They will sound so much better ! Yeah right ?

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
congrats on the ngd...

...i told you ppl would be happy to celebrate with you :lol:

Especially for a MIJ Ibby.:lol:

I miss mine.

They are awesome guitars, no frills but with proper Japanese attention to detail, and a legitimately amazing guitar to play. They don't sound half bad either.

Kinda shocked at this guitar, especially for what they go for used. This thing was a steal.

HNGD man, 7620 are unbeatable for the price....Mine plays and sounds better than my 06' UV .
This one maple neck was something. I can understand why Ibanez stopped this production. Too expensive for the book charges! Let's now take some Ikea wood stripes to put in your Ibby ! They will sound so much better ! Yeah right ?

Hear ya......I don't look at my guitars that much really, but I keep flipping this one over to look at the neck.:lol:

Congrats on the new guitar, man. HNGD!

Appreciate it man, thanks!

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Man, I had to come back in here and say this guitar impresses me more every time I pick it up, and I've been playing it nonstop for the last couple days....I actually even really like the stock pickups.....harmonics are all over the place and they're really responsive....I can't remember the last time I dug stock pickups.

These are really good guitars!

')