NGD: More EBMM Rosewoody Goodness (56K...Watch Yourself)

JLocrian

Reaction score
Presenting....my new EBMM JP12-7 with a full rosewood neck! I'll talk a little bit and then get on to the pron :cool:

I've had this for about a week now, and I'm still blown away by it. I was lucky enough to sell my JPXI-7 just in the nick of time to pick up this rosewood spot from Djpharaoh about a month ago, and boy am I glad I did. The Cherry Sugar finish with the Rosewood neck/fretboard is the perfect combination in my eyes. The quality is on par with every other EBMM I've owned (phenomenal), but the rosewood neck puts it in a league of it's own. This thing resonates like crazy, and plays better than pretty much every other guitar I've owned. I've always loved the finished necks on the BFR JP's, but this thing makes me never want to go back :lol: It's buttery smooth, and I love the feel of the open pores. On top of that, it has some of the nicest light/dark grain I've seen on these rosewood necks :eek:

Tonally, it is a bit warmer than my JPXI was, and is quite a bit snappier. I was planning of swapping out the bridge pickup for an Illuminator, but surprisingly I really like the Crunch Lab in basswood. It'll stay....for now ;) I haven't been able to stop playing it since UPS dropped it off.

If I'm not mistaken, there's one of these for sale in the classifieds right now. Do yourself a favor and buy that thing! You can thank me later :cheers:

Now to the pics!

^My best attempts at capturing the finish :lol:

Thanks for looking guys! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
damn dude :agreed: thats one fine guitar. i need to play that thing soon......:hbang:
1975079_3967825049580_57856568_n_zpsae0d0c3c.jpg

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
You sold the XI! D:

But you got a beaut in return! ;) Definitely a good move man, that is a killer looking neck. And as always that Cherry Sugar is ....ing KILLER.

After the whole debacle with my other Rosewood Neck'd guitar, I just got the more than worthy replacement for it in and it's pretty surprising how snappy these necks are. Some really dense cuts of Rosewood I'd imagine, can't wait to hear it if you plan on doing some clips with it!

JLocrian

Reaction score
Thanks guys! That means a lot! :wub:

You sold the XI! D:

But you got a beaut in return! ;) Definitely a good move man, that is a killer looking neck. And as always that Cherry Sugar is ....ing KILLER.

After the whole debacle with my other Rosewood Neck'd guitar, I just got the more than worthy replacement for it in and it's pretty surprising how snappy these necks are. Some really dense cuts of Rosewood I'd imagine, can't wait to hear it if you plan on doing some clips with it!

I know man, it pained me to sell the XI. Lol it was more than worth it in the end though! :cool: Thanks! I absolutely love this combo. When the rosewood run first started, I was planning on either getting a JP12-7 or a Koa JP7 (And now seeing as you've got a rosewood necked Koa JP6, I'm unbelievably jealous :lol: ). When I couldn't put the funds together, I was totally bummed...it was a total stroke of luck that I was able to sell the XI at the exact time Djpharaoh put this up for sale :flex:

I'm really sorry to hear about the whole ordeal with the BFR. Having ordered through the same dealer as you, it made me really nervous about mine. Just in that short amount of time I dealt with him, his customer service made me not want to order from him again. I'm really glad it worked out for you in the end dude! Your new XI and Koa JPs are STELLAR replacements! :cheers:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I know man, it pained me to sell the XI. Lol it was more than worth it in the end though! :cool: Thanks! I absolutely love this combo. When the rosewood run first started, I was planning on either getting a JP12-7 or a Koa JP7 (And now seeing as you've got a rosewood necked Koa JP6, I'm unbelievably jealous :lol: ). When I couldn't put the funds together, I was totally bummed...it was a total stroke of luck that I was able to sell the XI at the exact time Djpharaoh put this up for sale :flex:

I'm really sorry to hear about the whole ordeal with the BFR. Having ordered through the same dealer as you, it made me really nervous about mine. Just in that short amount of time I dealt with him, his customer service made me not want to order from him again. I'm really glad it worked out for you in the end dude! Your new XI and Koa JPs are STELLAR replacements! :cheers:

Oh absolutely, I can't say I kind of didn't do the same thing :lol: I sold my JP12-7 and returned the BFR and I just so happen to see those two and jumped on them both. I'll message you pictures so you can get a peek before I post the NGD :cool:

And yeah man, I personally wouldn't go through him again. He definitely had the best price, but you do want your dealer to stick with you when shit hits the fan and that's what I found with other dealers. Glad yours came through without a hitch though :) I would have started a shitstorm if a neck that beautiful had to be rebuilt.

JLocrian

Reaction score
Congrats! That's just about a perfect JP for my taste. I'd love to try one with a pau ferro neck as well.

Thanks man! I'd love to try one too. Maybe we'll see that in a future PDN run :drool:

Oh absolutely, I can't say I kind of didn't do the same thing :lol: I sold my JP12-7 and returned the BFR and I just so happen to see those two and jumped on them both. I'll message you pictures so you can get a peek before I post the NGD :cool:

And yeah man, I personally wouldn't go through him again. He definitely had the best price, but you do want your dealer to stick with you when shit hits the fan and that's what I found with other dealers. Glad yours came through without a hitch though :) I would have started a shitstorm if a neck that beautiful had to be rebuilt.

Oh my God, dude. I just saw the pics....that thing is like the God of all JP's :yum: You definitely came out on top on that one :bowdown:

Yeah, he seemed really cool upon first contact, but his customer service went downhill from there. He's a really nice guy, he just needs to handle thing better. I'm really glad this came in without a hitch though. I don't know what I would have done if I had been in your shoes there....I probably wouldn't have handled it so eloquently :rofl:

metalstrike

I love signature guitars!
Reaction score
I love my JP12 but would absolutely love a rosewood neck version.

HNGD!