NGD - More rackmount Mesa goodness

• Thread starter TMM
  • Start date
  • Tags
    mesa mkiv
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Seriously, I never planned to be populating a rack with a bunch of Mesa rackmount heads. I actually would have told you I wasn't a big fan of Mesa amps 2+ years ago... and now I have a rackmount Dual Rec that I can't bring myself to part with. Then this thing comes sneaking around my back stoop:

tmm-albums-gear-picture5139-ngd-201103-mesa-mkiv.jpg

tmm-albums-gear-picture5141-ngd-201103-mesa-mkiv-3.jpg

I'm not going into any detail here yet, as I'm currently speaker-less, and I don't feel it would be fair to rate an amp based only on it's direct tone. But, in case you're curious...

20110317 - Oni 8 - Mesa MKIV (rack) by TheMammonMachine on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

:tmm:

Now imagine that with a nasty bass track... :wub3: Not forming a concrete opinion until I can hear it through a speaker, but the last 30 min has been making me reconsider my recent FS post. We'll see :scratch: Incoming N-speaker-D in a few, so it will stand trial then.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
but the last 30 min has been making me reconsider my recent FS post.

Oh noes!!!! :rofl:

Seriously though, a Mark is still on my list of things to try, though I seem to be attracting rack preamps instead of heads (I have a couple on my to buy list now :lol:)

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Listened to this again on my car stereo on the way in... god damn, that is by far my favorite recorded tone I've had. Hard to tease out whether it's all the MKIV, or if part of it is just my getting better & better at mixing IRs. I'll have to do another Rackto clip using the same approach to see how it comes out.

Didn't mention above, but the clean tone on this amp is to die for, too. It's in that last riff in the clip, but I didn't really play with the mix enough to bring it out well. I'll touch that up at some point soon.

cycloptopus

Reaction score
Hey, great score, mang. As a fellow MarkIV owner I fully endorse your acquisition.

I'm just looking out here, but be careful about firing up that bad boy without hooking it up to a speaker cab. Mesa clearly states in the manual that doing so can damage the amp.

Cheers and enjoy, I love mine.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Hey, great score, mang. As a fellow MarkIV owner I fully endorse your acquisition.

I'm just looking out here, but be careful about firing up that bad boy without hooking it up to a speaker cab. Mesa clearly states in the manual that doing so can damage the amp.

Cheers and enjoy, I love mine.

Thanks! It's hooked up to a Palmer Load Box / DI - hence the note about direct recording.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
The bad part of owning an axe fx is you miss the new amp days. :( I'd like to have one of those rackmounted marks one day.

')