NGD: My first Prestige Ibanez!

• Thread starter MiPwnYew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CptMcKay

Reaction score
Awesome! Japanese/Prestige Ibanez guitars are the best. I have an RGA as well and its just the best sounding/playing guitar ive ever laid my hands on....congrats!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Congrats! My RGA321F has been my main axe for years. You'll love it!

Reaction score
Don't take offense to this, but the strings are wound and trimmed improperly. You should always wrap the string around the tuning machine at least once. The way you have it set now, the strings could slip and you'll have a really hard time getting them back in there...

Otherwise, nice guitar. Happy NGD.

ECGuitars

Reaction score
Don't take offense to this, but the strings are wound and trimmed improperly. You should always wrap the string around the tuning machine at least once. The way you have it set now, the strings could slip and you'll have a really hard time getting them back in there...

Otherwise, nice guitar. Happy NGD.

No they aren't strung improperly, those are locking tuners, no need to wrap lots.

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
^^^

Yep, they are locking tuners that the strings get "locked" into, then the tuners cut the strings by themselves

As far as the guitar itself goes, after playing it for a few days now.. It's by far the best playing/sounding/looking 6 string I've had and the sustain is amazing. It's wonderful and I can't put it down. I can see why people always talked highly about these guitars, well worth the hunt!

Purelojik

Reaction score
^^^

Yep, they are locking tuners that the strings get "locked" into, then the tuners cut the strings by themselves

As far as the guitar itself goes, after playing it for a few days now.. It's by far the best playing/sounding/looking 6 string I've had and the sustain is amazing. It's wonderful and I can't put it down. I can see why people always talked highly about these guitars, well worth the hunt!

exactly how i felt. i really dont understand why they discontinued these. im gonna hunt for another.

my only gripe was that the volume knob is in a terrible postion for the way i play. so after a few minutes my tones at half gain cause th knob rolls off.

So im in the process of moving it to the tone slot, removing the tone and using a killswitch where the volume used to me.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
That's a damn fine looking axe.

If it plays as good as you say, it must be a hngd indeed.

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
That looks delicious :yum:

Being the natural color fanboy that I am... :scream:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I really liked this guitar when I got a chance to play one. Nice score, man.

PrestigeFan92

Reaction score
Awesome guitar. Thats one that your probably never gonna give up. Its a workhorse, and will get about any sound you want. Installed a covered pk/cs set in there, and I love the sound.

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
Awesome guitar. Thats one that your probably never gonna give up. Its a workhorse, and will get about any sound you want. Installed a covered pk/cs set in there, and I love the sound.

Definitely, I don't see myself ever giving this one up! It's a seriously fantastic guitar that is also eye candy for me :agreed:

iliketofish

Reaction score
Awesome find man. Found his exact model on CL a few years ago and had to get it. Best decision ever. The zebra pups look amazing!

')