NGD! My first serious 7!

• Thread starter Schecterwolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I left my house this morning to go give a hungover friend a ride back to her house and upon returning, there was a box. And in this box was... (Sorry for pic quality, phone pics will have to suffice for now)

20120719_111920.jpg

Yup, a Blackjack ATX c7!
20120719_112146.jpg

odd lighting...
20120719_112213.jpg

20120719_112100.jpg

20120719_112200.jpg

20120719_112133.jpg

Since it got here, I haven't put it down! The action out of the box was pretty splendid for my personal taste (thicker low b is going to happen though of course).
Most probably know already but
-Mahogany body
-Mahogany neck (3 piece)
-Ebony Fret Board
-Locking Tuners (schecter)
-Tonepro bridge
-SD Blackout pickups
-26.5 inch scale

I took it to my main rig (Peavey 3120 w/Mesa OS 412) and dialed in some decent tones pretty quickly. The distorted tones are tight (without the use of a boost surprisingly), deep, but clear as well. However the ability for this guitar to clean up is what was the most surprising. Clean tones stayed lush and full.

I am quite pleased with the blackouts to be honest. They clean up well and provide more clarity than i was expecting. I'm not feeling a rush to swap pups here. I love the satin finish, the neck is easy to play and overall I've found the guitar to be quite inspiring! This is a rather large upgrade from the schecter omen 7 I purchased a while back to test the waters and I feel like this guitar is spoiling me :rolleyes:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Flat black is the finish of the gods man, congratulations!!

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
man i had one of these and i LOVED the clean tones as well as the light OD tones, but my current amp and active pups just dont gel too well. could never get heavy tones that i was satisfied with. that and i never fell in love the with the guitar, so i ended up selling it. i hope you continue to be satisfied by this one though!

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
i've never been into Schechters all that much, but these Blackjacks are pretty nice looking.

HNGD! :hbang:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
my old c7 hellraiser was one of the better 7s i've owned. congrats :yesway:

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Congrats dude! Something about the matte black finish and the creme/yellow binding is so appealing :yum:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Not really a big fan of Schecters, but looks pretty cool man, congrats :yesway:

CharliePark

Reaction score
I've played a few of these, and I think they're the best looking/nicest feeling Schecters. Congrats!

otisct20

Reaction score
Schecter makes some great guitars for the price! Two of my friends own a few schecters and Im constantly tempted to buy one! HNGD

King Loudness

Gearslinger
Reaction score
That is a cool looking Schecter! I've always been curious to try the Blackouts in a 7 as I haven't done it... they do sound like they'd fit a wide variety of styles though which is excellent. Nice features too - I'm a sucker for ebony with minimal/no inlays! HNGD!

W.

')