NGD my first seven string

• Thread starter 7th_string
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7th_string

Reaction score
Its my 1st seven and still learning how to utilize the extra string, been a fan of Nevermore and Dream Theater for a long time then been listening to scale the summit and tesseract act lately and that sealed the deal to try the seven.

here it is not a fancy guitar but sure plays well especially for its price.

NPD (Blue note and marvel drive)

and the family pix

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
Happy NGD! I kinda want one of these since it's a 26.5 scale and it'll hold me over til I can afford the new RGD. How are you liking it so far? Any details you found worth mentioning about it?

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Nice! How is the guitar? Sharp frets (pretty par for the course with any import)? String height? Buzzing? etc.

It seems like Jackson's imports have been improving since they introduced these, and other, models. At first some of them were kind of rough.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
I'd say with new p'ups, nut (probably) and locking tuners and you'd have a fine guitar. I love how they gave it a matte finish, and unique yet classy inlays. Mmm, with some white DiMarzios this would be quite a beaut :hbang:

7th_string

Reaction score
The guitars fret works are quite excellent it has no sharp edges and smooth, the intonation has been setup so is the string height and plays great. the only con i can attest is its tuner though it holds tune quite well I'm just use to a grover locking tuner in my other guitars. a few upgrades on this guitar especially the PU then I'm sure it plays wicked.

Cam

Reaction score
HNGD! Scale The Summit is one of the bands that gave me the final urge to get my 7 string as well.

Stijnson

Reaction score
Nice, happy NGD! I'm going to be ordering this one as my first 7 string tonight actually. For that money, you cant really go wrong. I used to have a cheap Jackson before which I played comfortably for years so.

Hope it makes a nice modding platform too.

')