NGD! My Precious!

• Thread starter Daddiikong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daddiikong

Husband, Father, Musician, Guardian.
Reaction score
I've been trying to find one of these for quite some time, and I finally did it.
IMG_2452.jpg
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daddiikong

Reaction score
Thanks! It's fine with me. I used to have an RG with a trem, and it drove me insane trying to change strings.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Those have the cool RGD body with the splatter paint. I do wonder why Ibanez (and Head) went with no trem on that model though. Nice find!

For Head, he sold all his 7s after leaving Korn (except his 7&14 string double neck RG), mentioned not wanting to use a 7 anymore because of back issues and asked Ibanez for some 6-string RGDs with no trem because he wanted to downtune to G# when he started his own band, which was later renamed Love & Death.

You can see some of them here

When he re-joined Korn, he asked Ibanez to make him the same RGDs he had but with 7-strings and a 25.5" scale, which Ibanez did, although not exactly like his RGD 6s.

Head later mentioned leaving Ibanez because of management changes, wanting something more dependable (his main RGD7 went through some mods before he switched to ESP) and Ibanez not being open to the idea of having an Evertune.

Last edited:

Daddiikong

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I never heard why he left Ibanez, but I enjoy Love & Death and look forward to Feb 12th.

Daddiikong

Reaction score
I was just watching Reconciliation! The making of one of the newer KoRn albums when Head rejoined the band! Sweet guitar!

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know about that doc and just watched it today.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know about that doc and just watched it today.

Yeah it was cool seeing Head rejoin the band! I love that documentary and it's cool how it's on YouTube.

I also loved hearing how dirty and gritty Munky's guitar tone is, then Head plays and his guitar tone is really tight and less gain.

')