NGD My White Whale: Ibanez RG1527M

• Thread starter lukeshallperish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I had one a few years ago I stupidly traded on almost immediately, but it had pearloid tuner knobs. They were the tits. I need to do that to mine...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

apexiwildchild

sevenstringer
Reaction score
damn! I should've grab this last week but didn't have enough money.You got it from ebay?just want to know because you happened to mention that small chip.Congratz man!!

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
damn! I should've grab this last week but didn't have enough money.You got it from ebay?just want to know because you happened to mention that small chip.Congratz man!!

No actually got it from a guy in philly. He had a craigslist ad up for it so I hit him up and we worked out a deal! Turns out he's a member here though I don't know his username. So actually, you could probably still nab the one from eBay. Or, there was another guy I talked to ion Toronto who was selling one for $1200. Search the all of craigslist listing.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
Getting my SD pegasus and sentient installed tmrw, so Ill post some new pics and hopefully a soundclip or video as well!

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
quick update. Got the pickups installed! I had to do a bit of routing to make the Duncans fit.

studio desk double as work bench. just needed to wire them in (don't mind SSO just being up on my laptop lol)
5F894304-3D9B-4EF5-9656-3D5D55F8C2C4_zpsnb64xin3.jpg

unlike dimarzio (IMO at least) Seymour Duncans wiring diagrams were a ton easier to read. Got it wired in my first try (although the bridge pickup was a tad low so had to unwind my strings and put something under the pickup) and they sound awesome!

finished product!
17A4A215-395A-474A-8DF1-8BECDA0F50B1_zpsohszqlpd.jpg

I will add a sound clip or video in the next couple days!

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score
quick update. Got the pickups installed! I had to do a bit of routing to make the Duncans fit.

studio desk double as work bench. just needed to wire them in (don't mind SSO just being up on my laptop lol)
5F894304-3D9B-4EF5-9656-3D5D55F8C2C4_zpsnb64xin3.jpg

unlike dimarzio (IMO at least) Seymour Duncans wiring diagrams were a ton easier to read. Got it wired in my first try (although the bridge pickup was a tad low so had to unwind my strings and put something under the pickup) and they sound awesome!

finished product!
17A4A215-395A-474A-8DF1-8BECDA0F50B1_zpsohszqlpd.jpg

I will add a sound clip or video in the next couple days!
Haha its not only your opinion, I also think the same about Duncan vs Dimarzio wiring diagram.Glad you're enjoying that set, I have the Sentient/Nazgul in my SC607b.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
Haha its not only your opinion, I also think the same about Duncan vs Dimarzio wiring diagram.Glad you're enjoying that set, I have the Sentient/Nazgul in my SC607b.

I love the pegasus but im thinking that eventually i may move to the nazgul. maybe not though. I have the nazgul in my rg8 and its a tad hot

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score
I love the pegasus but im thinking that eventually i may move to the nazgul. maybe not though. I have the nazgul in my rg8 and its a tad hot

Despite what my opinion on the wiring diagram, and the fact that I own a lot more Duncan pickups, than anything else. I'm considering getting nickel cover Dimarzio's in this refinished 7320.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    973.3 KB · Views: 10

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
Despite what my opinion on the wiring diagram, and the fact that I own a lot more Duncan pickups, than anything else. I'm considering getting nickel cover Dimarzio's in this refinished 7320.

Get illuminators! I have them in my other 1527 and they rule!

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score
Get illuminators! I have them in my other 1527 and they rule!

I was originally thinking something like the Les Paul style cover PAF 7 (to satisfy the Korn fan in me) in the neck and then something brutez like that w the bkp looking pole piece style in the bridge...Went ahead and got the Liquifire for the neck and Ionizer for the bridge in the BKP lookin style. Stoked. Still need the right volume pot for my Stef sig tho shit's weird, will post more details about that in the modification threads later.

LetsKillKevy

Reaction score
I love you, and hate you for this.... I regret selling my white 1527 every day, even more so when I see one on here. Thankfully I didn't let go of my blue one, but I'll be damned if my white 1527 wasn't the best playing/sounding ( after big brass block, and paf 7's ) guitar that I've ever heard. My recently acquired apex 100 comes close, no upgrades as of yet, and may end up being ever so slightly better but that beautiful/ subtle gold flake and maple board.... Breaks my heart every time I see one :-( should have never let her go.
3DDm9bv.png

f0QmBUx.png

')