NGD/NAD - Avid Eleven Rack

• Thread starter AnP Hardcore
  • Start date
  • Tags
    avid
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AnP Hardcore

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I justed picked up this Eleven Rack 3 weeks ago and now that I've had time to play with it, I feel comfortable shooting a video for it. I'm using the Treadplate M model. The Eleven Rack is very versatile and it actually does metal pretty well. I'm really happy with it. You'll be seeing more content with it pretty soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Holy shit, even in my shitty earbuds that sounds awesome. I want to know EVERYTHING about how you recorded that. Drums, bass, plugins, effects... :scream:

AnP Hardcore

Reaction score
Holy shit, even in my shitty earbuds that sounds awesome. I want to know EVERYTHING about how you recorded that. Drums, bass, plugins, effects... :scream:

Thanks man. Drums are Superior Drummer 2.0 with a patch that I made then the snare and kick are EQ and compressed in Pro Tools. The drums bus is slightly compressed. Snare and toms have some reverb and delay bussed on them.
For bass, I'm using Trilian with the infamous DI track and distorted track mixed together.
For guitars, I'm running straight from the 11R into the 2i2. Guitars are quad tracked. On the guitar bus, I put a low pass at 16.09kHz and a high pass at 100Hz. Then I have two slight bumps on the bus at 291.6Hz and 835.1Hz.
On the master buss, I have an SSL comp for dynamics in the mix, Lexicon Large Hall reverb with a mix at 8%. I have Ozone 5 adding a small notch in EQ at 4800Hz for air in the mix, some multiband compression with a 2:1 ratio on the low mids and high mids. I also have some stereo imaging and harmonic excitement running in Ozone. Finally, I used the L2 Limiter for volume.

Forrest_H

How can she slap?
Reaction score
Sounds really bad ass man! Kinda makes me want an 11r now, even though my GAS exceeds my wallet's capacity :lol:

Axe Cop

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new piece of gear and have narrowed it down to pod HD vs 11r. I think I prefer the simplicity of the 11r so you may have just swayed me.

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very happy with my 11R as well. Great unit, and you can find them for really great prices used.

AnP Hardcore

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new piece of gear and have narrowed it down to pod HD vs 11r. I think I prefer the simplicity of the 11r so you may have just swayed me.

I hesitated for about 2 months before getting the Eleven Rack. At first, I really wanted to go for the Pod HD but it just sounded to plastic IMO and they're way overpriced on the used market (in Europe at least). The clean sounds and the crunch are one of the best I've heard for a modeler in that price range. I'd recommend the 11R over the Pod HD any day simply because it sounds natural and it's way cheaper used than a Pod

')