NGD...need help

• Thread starter tseamsd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tseamsd

Reaction score
So I got an rga8 today. Not my first 8 but needed a new one. Guitar rules. But I need some help figuring something out. This rga8 came with emg-hz's...I didn't know emg made 8 string hz's. I can't find anything about them and the serial number isn't stamped...it's got a sticker with a different number on it. Any insight guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
Was it pre owned? RGA8 should have active Ibanez pickups ran from AA's if I'm not mistaken

tseamsd

Reaction score
Bought it off eBay. It has emg hz's and a 9 volt in it. The dealer told me it was a namm model but I wanna know the year it was built

rekab

Reaction score
HZ is a passive EMG isn't it? Sure you don't have 808s?

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
They certainly are EMG 40HZ bass pickups with the active electronic Ibanez put in their RAG8 (Ibanez LZ pickups aren't active, it's a marketing ploy). If it's a NAMM model, it's not too surprising as the LZ weren't certainly made at the time.
Those EMG 40HZ are pretty good none the less, far better than the LZ and far better than any HZ pickups for guitar.

djinn314

Reaction score
Don't tell me you got it from Portland Percussion lol. That is sweet though. One of my friends got an Ibanez that was supposedly from NAMM way back in the day. It sucked seeing his guitar still smoke mine and know that he paid 700 less then me lol

toecutter

Reaction score
They certainly are EMG 40HZ bass pickups with the active electronic Ibanez put in their RAG8 (Ibanez LZ pickups aren't active, it's a marketing ploy). If it's a NAMM model, it's not too surprising as the LZ weren't certainly made at the time.
Those EMG 40HZ are pretty good none the less, far better than the LZ and far better than any HZ pickups for guitar.

Yup, putting in a powered filter and a switch does not equal active.

tseamsd

Reaction score
Nah I snagged it off eBay. It plays way better than my old rga8. Got an email today from ibanez. Looks like this was one of the very first rga8s built

')