NGD! New 2020! RGIB21 by Ibanez!

davefishman777

AKA ALPHA DEALER
Reaction score
Ibanez upgraded the new 2020 model! mainly I'm a baritone 7 string player but! I just had to get one of these new 28 inch scale 6 strings and it's amazing!!! I noticed Ibanez decided to cancel out the killswitch on this new model which is fine with me because I'd probably never use the killswitch? Lol anyway this guitar kicks ass it's truly a Joy to finally have one of these!!!!!! And they added gotoh locking tunners! The woods are completely different vs the old model! the new body is made from nyatoh which I never researched and the fretboard is jatoba very very smooth wood very silky. The emgs sound good but should I upgrade? Oh and it has glow in the dark side markers plus I bought the baritone gator case to go with it and it's a very good case! I'm in love with this guitar. I'm gonna hit up the bunn "hahahaha"
Screenshot_20200611-134106_Gallery.jpg
"
20200610_151144_20200610174331675.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

benny

Ibanez RG Addict
Reaction score
Happy NGD! I've wondered about these, but never got around to trying one out. I wasn't aware of the changes, so thanks for mentioning them.

I have a few of those gator cases and I kind of dislike them because of how my guitars fit. Specifically, my extended 7s end up with too much headstock pressing against the bottom of the case for my taste. I'd be curious to hear how your RGIB fits as well as one of your RGD 7s. I'm still on the hunt for a better case option though.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Awesome man. I was actually looking at getting one of these or the RGIB6. I was thinking about the RGIB6 due to the darker board/ no dots but the locking tuners would be nice.

davefishman777

AKA ALPHA DEALER
Reaction score
Awesome man. I was actually looking at getting one of these or the RGIB6. I was thinking about the RGIB6 due to the darker board/ no dots but the locking tuners would be nice.
Honestly the locking tuners are great for tunning issues I haven't had to retune the guitar for like two days now

davefishman777

AKA ALPHA DEALER
Reaction score
Nice man, I had the RGIB6 for a while, these are monster guitars for the $.
HNGD!
Dude! Yesssss it sounds like a monster it's so damn sick for only 800? That's amazing!!! And it plays so damn nice I can literally sound like dealer!!!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I've played one of the nearly identical previous model, it's a nice guitar.

')