NGD- New Gear Day! (HM-2, Mooer Stuffs)

• Thread starter Vyn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Have gotten a few things over the last few weeks and a chance to play with them. First up is an MIT BOSS HM-2. Little beat up but I got it for peanuts. Have done the 9V mod to run it off of normal supplies. It in addition to the Waza Craft TU-3W have made their way onto this little board of joy:

20180826_152709.jpg

Next, got myself the Mooer 005 and a Mooer Radar. The Radar is a serious piece of kit, so good, I've basically found my new nighttime practice rig which is a pre-amp into the Radar and then headphones out. The 005 sounds exactly like it should and for giggles I shoved a Precision Drive in front with Radar set to the Traditional V30 Recto Cabinet for instant Djent tone:

20180827_170424.jpg

TL;DR - Fortin boosted chainsaws are amazing, Radar is the best mini pedal ever and it Djents.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Slick little setup! I really like running my MIJ HM2 as a preamp. It’s very un djent but it’s a glorious thick wooly fuzz fest.
If you ever want a change of pace from the Swedish sound, try this as a preamp (level to taste):
4BDE09E1-7A1B-452D-911B-1CD1D28D0D13.jpeg

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
That’s some seriously sweet new gear! The HM2 is a killer pedal and those Moore’s are literally some of the best new designs in the business! Congrats!

Reactions: Vyn

crwnedblasphemy

all things metal!
Reaction score
I have a similar backup setup. I have the precision drive into the 005, but don't use the radar. Just use 3sigma audio impulsive, or WOS. Either way, It records great. I did a Serenity video using that setup and it sounds excellent. I have the mooer 015 incoming. should be here by wednesday. Didn't really need it, just wanted the peavey 5150 tone for depth/2nd guitar tracks.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
614.jpg

that nails the nails tone

Full signal chain for that demo (spoiler alert, no valves):
- Ibanez RGR752AHB-WK W/Dimazio Fusion Edges (guitar on bridge pickup)
- Boss TU-3w acting as a buffered splitter
- Fortin GRIND at 2 o'clock
- Dimed HM-2
- Mooer 005 with everything but gain at noon (gain at 10-11 o'clock) on the blue channel
- Fortin Zuul (triggering off of key input from TU-3w)
- Mooer Radar set to Recto.T V30 preset, completely stock
- Focusrite 2i2
- Reaper
- Done.

Turgon

Reaction score
First up is an MIT BOSS HM-2. Little beat up but I got it for peanuts. Have done the 9V mod to run it off of normal supplies.

Did you do the mod yourself? I believe you only need it if you don't daisychain your HM-2 with any other pedal. Kinda weird.

And of course nice setup. Every setup with an HM-2 is a good thing ;)

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you do the mod yourself? I believe you only need it if you don't daisychain your HM-2 with any other pedal. Kinda weird.

And of course nice setup. Every setup with an HM-2 is a good thing ;)

I did the mod myself - basically just a blob of solder. I'm on my work machine so I don't have access to the tutorial I used, will post later tonight.

It's not required if you're running it solo, however it will sound like arse if you haven't done it because you're under-powering everything.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Not remotely near as cool, but I picked up one of these for $40 today. It does a great HM-2 impression on the cheap!

hm300.jpg

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
I feel like everyone should have one of those in their arsenal. So cheap they're almost disposable. If I ever play live again I'll use one of those with a Quilter micro 45 and call it a day.

The Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz is also an awesome copy of the Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz.
It totally nails those old Dopethrone tones for under $40!?!

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
the hm300 is noisy as fuck, but it's a lot of fun to mess around with.
The Boss is pretty noisy too. It’s totally worth grabbing a Throne Torcher if you ever get the chance. I’ve got them all, and they’re all great in their own application. The TT is my favorite of the bunch.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
The Boss is pretty noisy too. It’s totally worth grabbing a Throne Torcher if you ever get the chance. I’ve got them all, and they’re all great in their own application. The TT is my favorite of the bunch.
funny you mention the TT, i was just about to buy one :lol:

Latest posts

')