NGD! - New Gibson, Beautiful Maple Top.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
After buying my '52 Telecaster Reissue this summer, I ended up running into a few financial issues as well as joining a new band that the Tele just didn't fit into. So, I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and trade down so that I could get a backup for my Les Paul and come up with some cash to put toward tuition. After a week or so on some local listings, I finally got an offer that I was interested in: a barely-played 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio in Wine Red (just like my main guitar, however in much better condition) + a decent amount of cash. He sent me some pictures and I didn't even think twice about accepting the offer. Now all the guitar needs is a set of BKP Nailbombs and it's ready to join my live set-up.

The guy took off the pickguard and I don't blame him, check out how sweet that slightly flamed maple top looks!

IMG_4790.jpg

As nice as the top is, I've always liked a pickguard on my LPs, so I put it back on, looks pretty sweet.

100_2414.jpg

And here's the happy couple.

100_2417.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice!

Save your money, buy some canadian pickups, forge metal: J S Moore Pickups - Home - J S Moore is based in Hamilton ontario :).

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
hi wine red buddy! My favourite Les Paul finish.
Old picture, I'll have to take some new delicious ones when I polish it again.
geetars.jpg

A Gibson '92 Les Paul standard

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Always loved when Gibson would use a wooden pickguard for their upper-end LP lines. Totally agree, "red wine" is still one of my favorite finishes, too.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
hi wine red buddy! My favourite Les Paul finish.
Old picture, I'll have to take some new delicious ones when I polish it again.
geetars.jpg

A Gibson '92 Les Paul standard

Sweet-looking Standard there :yesway:

Thanks, everyone!

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Nice!

Save your money, buy some canadian pickups, forge metal: J S Moore Pickups - Home - J S Moore is based in Hamilton ontario :).

Cool, I'll look into those. It's just that my main LP has BKP NB's, so I would like to go with those pups again. But hey, you never know, if I can find something relatively close in sound and character, I might just pick that up.

Eric

Reaction score
sweet score bro!

Looks like she could use a little oil on the fretboard tho :agreed:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool, I'll look into those. It's just that my main LP has BKP NB's, so I would like to go with those pups again. But hey, you never know, if I can find something relatively close in sound and character, I might just pick that up.

If I get my Sims w/ the black widow and V-1 before you order pickups, I'll let you know what I think :)

')