NGD (new to me at least): Agile AB-3500 Baritone

Strobe

Reaction score
I just bought this lightly used off a local guy (was $300 for those curious, I believe they sell for about $400 new), and I am very happy with it. The scale length on this guy is 28 5/8"! My fingers definitely feel the stretch, but it has a really great deep sounds and feels much better in low tunings than my other guitars (C standard feels absolutely natural like E standard would on a 25.5"). It was not really set up very well when I bought it, but it was a quick fix.

The quality on these is quite good. NO sharpness on the frets, no dead notes. As you can see from the pictures, it's a very pretty guitar. It's made in South Korea - I had expected it was made in China, I guess I was not real knowledgeable on the model. The pickups are maybe the weakest link, but they are still pretty good. They are a bit EMG ish. The bridge is a bit EMG 81 ish, but more even (less upper mid hump). I would not be surprised if the neck was the exact same pickup. I think it works better in the bridge than the neck. I have heard bad things about the middle single on these. I think the tone of it is actually pretty decent, but it is much quieter than the humbucker sized pickups. I can raise it to increase the output a bit, but it starts getting in the way of my pick attack if I do. Long story short, I may end up changing out the pickups at some point, but they do the job well enough because the guitar as a whole sounds great.

noBLMaT.jpg

cc1UlJf.jpg

UhPTpw2.jpg

P5Ylleo.jpg

u27hrlQ.jpg

Here are the specs listed on the website:
  • Double cutaway, light weight, alder, arch top body
  • Genuine Canadian maple quilted top
  • 28 5/8" scale 1 piece set neck
  • Ebony fretboard with dot markers
  • 24 jumbo 2.9 mm frets and a 13.7" (350 mm) radius neck for fast play
  • Grover die cast tuners
  • Cepheus Active Pickups
  • Cepheus TOM wide throw bridge with graphite saddles allows for a variety of tunings
  • String through body for improved sustain and staggered string-through holes for improved intonation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those were really awesome outliers in the Agile line. Congrats!

Strobe

Reaction score
I would 100% get white pickups and accents on that. (pearloid tuner buttons etc)

although im on a obsession with that lately haha.

So white pickups, pearloid buttons, which switch tip and control knobs... do they make white bridges? I can picture it, but not sure I have seen it.

lewis

Reaction score
So white pickups, pearloid buttons, which switch tip and control knobs... do they make white bridges? I can picture it, but not sure I have seen it.
yesss!!!

nearest to White bridges I can think of, is replacing the saddles with Graphtech string saver saddles. They offer them in white.

')