NGD - Nexus Modern T 7's [picheavy]

• Thread starter Thirteenth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thirteenth

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been watching this community for some time now, and I figured it's about time to register.
For a welcome, I'd like to tell you about my 7 string. A grand idea indeed, to start an account on 7string to talk about my 7 string :)

It's so easy to just buy a guitar. Choose a make, a model, go buy, have fun.
My story is quite different ( bare with me, don't just scroll down :) ).

I always loved Music Man JP7 neck.
Still, if you love a neck profile, you usually hate something else.
You would love to change a thing or two - install a fixed bridge, mess with the shape a little.

I toyed with this idea for a modern tele redesign with some nice exotic top, some minor details ( more on that later ).
I figured custom made is my only choice. I decided on Nexus guitars, I had a few of them in my hands and I developed a certain respect for the luthier. The workshop is quite well known in Poland, some of our a-list artists possess their instruments. I called, we talked A LOT, Jacek described few of his devices.
We chose two upgrades to the original design that I thought complimented the way I planned to use the instrument.

In January Nexus started the build. He sent me many work-in-progress pics, I would like to show some of them to you.

Eleven months later...

Specs are as follows:

Model: Nexus Modern Tele 7
Body wood - alder
Top wood - brazilian rosewood
Neck wood - birdseye maple
Fretboard - ebony
Pickups - Seymour Duncan SH-4 / SH-2
2 x Push/Pull / Volume & Tone
Bridge - Nexus Sphere 7

Neck profile is a copy of mentioned MM JP7, as per my order. The rest is pure Nexus and it is something to experience. Deep comfort cuts feel like it has just grown out of your body :D

The two Nexus designs that he installed are Sphere bridge and LoFreq Contour System. You really should check Nexus website for the explanation or contact Jacek. I will try to post some sound samples, there are things to listen for...

If you have questions, I will repost them here and answer, just to keep things clean.

There is more than 200 pics documenting the work, but i can only include 25 in one post, if any of you show interest in this guitar, i will gladly post more.

But for now - pics time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CD1221

Reaction score
There's a whole pile of interesting going on there. Neck joint, bridge, whatever is in the pickup routes?

More pics, more info please!

Thirteenth

Reaction score
There's a whole pile of interesting going on there. Neck joint, bridge, whatever is in the pickup routes?

More pics, more info please!

@CD1221

Both the neck joint thing and the whatever from underneath pickups are parts of the Low Freq Contour System. Other than that, this is a normal set-in.

The bridge is also Nexus thing.

@77zark77
Thanks! :wavey:

Zsharp

Reaction score
what a stunning guitar, I can imagine this plays and sounds like an absolute dream! HNGD

')