NGD - Nexus Modern T 7's [picheavy]

• Thread starter Thirteenth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
6a00d8341bf67c53ef0168e5dfbd0a970c-pi

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Those carves are sexy and that bridge looks super intonatable. Very interesting info on the nexus site. I'd really like to hear how their 8s sound.

A piece of art that guitar is!

Welcome and HNGD!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
The string ferrules in the back are used for bridge screws? Looks pretty elegant, but is there any reason to the pattern? So do you just hook the string ends into those notches behind the saddles?

I love all the special touches this has, and everything looks like it's very well crafted. Don't know if those brass tubes have any audible impact on the sound, but I like the innovation.

Thirteenth

Reaction score
@Pikka Bird I don't want to mislead you, my knowledge is quite limited, but I think this is just an optimal pattern for screws to thighten the bridge to the body equally all over its surface. But do ask Nexus, I might be wrong.

It is a well detailed instrument, and there is much to see when you look closely.
The brass tubes are a part of the whole system ( the LoFreq Countour thing :) ). He explains it all on nexus-guitars.com. Seems... Complicated.

I will not tell you how LoFreq changes the sound. As we all know, the overall sound comes from the sum of all parts. What I can tell you is the sound is pretty awsome and the guitars resonates like crazy.

Cheers :wavey:

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
You have incredible talent. That is a stunningly classy looking guitar.

Thirteenth

Reaction score
@Chrisjd I think the work-in-progress pics misleaded you - this is my guitar but i didnt make it.
I wish I could make one like it. It was made by Jacek from Nexus Guitars.

ben_hurt

Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting such a detailed set of pictures about the build! Fascinating to scroll through.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Dear lord, this build thread was the gift that just kept on giving!

Seriously top notch stuff, man! Just top notch!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Amazing work! That looks fantastic and I really love the logo on the headstock as well as the finishing touch. Very nice! :eek:

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
That is one interesting mostek!

I also saw this on his web page but no other photos or anything mentioning what it is.

Co jest?

Thirteenth

Reaction score
@possumkiller... Yes, the mostek is mighty interesting :p

The brass pipes you show are part of the LoFreq contour system, as I said earlier.
The problem with google searching those is that they are a tajemnica ;)

TraE

Reaction score
Haven't lurked SSO for a bit and I come back to this! Simply stunning, man. Congratulations and HNGD!

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I was actually wondering what that model is in the photo. It looks like a double cutaway superstrat style but that is the only picture of it I have seen on the site.

')