NGD: NK Headless Guitar (Chi-fi)

mag8

Reaction score
Ordered on 11.11 from AliExpress, only to find it on ebay for the same price, but with free shipping (50$ discount). I contacted the seller and he agreed on refunding me the shipping costs. In total it's 270$, dirt cheap.

I did not expect much from the guitar out of the box. I was expecting the frets to need work and the electronic to be tossed. I was right about the electronics, but the frets are not sharp! Only issue is that bending strings is like scraping wood against sandpaper. Nothing that steel wool and steel polish can't fix for now.
Pickups are garbage, but they work and they make (some) sound. Very useful to intonate and test.

For 270$, it's a fun project guitar. Expect to put in some hours setting it up and change the electronics as soon as it lands.

I was definitely inspired by the 'purple rain' posted last month by our norwegian brother, which i'd like to thank publicly for helping me decide!

vOLQE2X.jpg

HZegdWR.jpg

z05rJoR.jpg

2A6Yg9P.jpg

nWLMrSb.jpg

IjYvvHr.jpg

VQXtUus.jpg

RIwATJZ.jpg

pL39g26.jpg

This does not bother the playing, but obviously it shouldn't be acceptable if the guitar was bought in store. Given the fact it's chinese, I expected this and worse:

b9s7LuR.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mag8

Reaction score
don't know why it doesnt work...it shows for me. oh well i'm too old for this shit

mag8

Reaction score
lol thanks.

took three people and 4 posts to get it right!

@lewis i also have you to thank for helping me decide to pull the trigger. I read your thread with interest and then decided with this model instead. I believe this "headstop" for the strings is better designed, but the bridge is still a POS. Musoo sells a nice looking bridge, but the 6 saddles cost 150$...

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Whats with the neck being all grey/black, that some fancy as wood, or am I just out of the loop on figuring these days or what?

downburst82

Reaction score
Whats with the neck being all grey/black, that some fancy as wood, or am I just out of the loop on figuring these days or what?
They stain and "faux figure" it. Some of them look ok, some you can see obvious fingerprints on. I have been interested it these as well but I am waiting to hear back if they can do a 5 piece neck with no fake colour figuring and different bridge hardware.

lewis

Reaction score
lol thanks.

@lewis i also have you to thank for helping me decide to pull the trigger. I read your thread with interest and then decided with this model instead. I believe this "headstop" for the strings is better designed, but the bridge is still a POS. Musoo sells a nice looking bridge, but the 6 saddles cost 150$...
Haha glad i could help dude.

These do look real nice.
I will have to look into that bridge even if its abit steep. Im actually getting used to this stock bridge now and its not that bad. Setting string height seems abit shit but im getting used to it. Does feel flimsy though but it holds tune amazingly well. Especially now i have upgraded my headpiece to a locking one too.

lewis

Reaction score
lol thanks.

Actually could you possibly link me to where you have found this musoo bridge? Im struggling to locate it haha

mag8

Reaction score
mine is pretty much like that, but without the "yellowish" part in the NK, it's just empty.

Those inlays look cool though, better than the boring black ones!

')