NGD NK Luminous (Headless Strandberg Wannabe)

Are you a Purple Girl? <3

• Purple is the Coolest Colour!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Im a boy but i could be your girl

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • WOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SICK DAB BRO, BUT THE GUYTAR IS NICE AS WELL MAN

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Been really bussy with school and stuff lately, but I will try to post Gear related stuff more frequently.
So, Im blown away by this!
We are still on our honeymoon so I might be biased, but for the price this thing is SICK.
Really impressed by the buildquality, bridge is mindblowing and it looks sexy af.
I think the pickups sound pretty decent, will def swap em for some purple custom BareKnuckles in the future haha!
Dont Hate Me for using my shitty Samsung s7 and not a 40k$ Camera (student life).

I always wanted a strandberg, but I ended up getting Sennheiser HD700, HD4.50 (HEADPHONE G.A.S ftw) and some VST Plugins instead.
And OFC the Pics <3

!Woah§ A Wild Box Appears (Had to walk this thing all the way from the post office since #NoCar)

Super nice packaging holy SHIII

Weapon Of Choice (lol my hair is blue lol)

Lets all come together and appreciate Great Packaging

WHAT?! THERES A GUITAR INSIDE ALL THIS?!?!?!?!11!one!!1!eleven!?

Nobody told me there would be a case (super cool case candy as well)

This thing is so SMOL u guys cant even imagine how SMOL this thing is #SMOL

Ahh lets get this gigback of, no wait there's more protective stuff (Thats nice)

Sneak Peak

Wooooaaaahhh

The Back is so crisp!

DAMN kinda forgot about making this thread and just jammed for a while

Featuring RIG

There is no NGD without some soundclips. Spaceship stuff, the best kind of stuff. Using my kemper lmao [ just having fun really ]
https://soundcloud.com/neurospaceship/sets/nk-luminous-vs-kemper

PROS:
- Weight
- Sound
- Playabillity (Its snappy, fast attack)
- Looks sexy AF
- Bridge is super cool
- Think of this as an Epiphone version Strandberg. I think its great that broke guys like myself can afford this without selling a kidney.
- "Oh man this dude has a Strandberg"
- "Shit is that a Strindborg?"

CONS:
- Dont understand the case candy tool and what to use it fore (its ridiculous)
- Input is kinda weird (not all my cables fit)
- Tuning (im a noob this is my first headless)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
nice.
Ive seen these loads on Aliexpress.
My only gripe is the bridge pickup location seems to far forward.

nice score OP.
Any video clips playing?

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
It’s like the horns of a skerveten and the bottom outline of a varberg.

How does the umm...”bridge” pickup sound.

MannyMoonjava

Reaction score
You defo go the best colour. It looks great
Thanks man! And i will try to get some videoclips up on my youtube soon! Just been a crazy week, might relax hard first <3
And it plays great, sounds great and looks utterly stunning!

Oh and the Bridge pickup sounds g n a r l y

lewis

Reaction score
for what its worth, I messaged the NK guitar store and spoke to the seller.
He CAN move the bridge pickup further back for anyone worried about its location. I personally would want it closer to the bridge If I ordered one.

MannyMoonjava

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I made a video! Playing starts at 05:00 ish, sorry its so poorly structured it was made really fast y0!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
What, I can't hear what you are saying into the microphone, maybe it's not plugged into the camera. :lol:

Those jazzier and Hendrix-ier tones sound great! The rock tones sound decent, too, but didn't get my attention as much as the lusher tones.

MannyMoonjava

Reaction score
What, I can't hear what you are saying into the microphone, maybe it's not plugged into the camera. :lol:

Those jazzier and Hendrix-ier tones sound great! The rock tones sound decent, too, but didn't get my attention as much as the lusher tones.
hahah lol yeah! It wasnt plugged in so i ended up using my cellphone audio for those parts!

Thanks a lot man! :D I love hendrix!

downburst82

Reaction score
Looks great!

I was considering one of the strandberg copies but I actually like these better.

I contacted the seller and he answering a few questions. I have a few more things I want to ask them about, mainly neck wood and custom finish options. If all goes well I may have my wife get it for me for christmas.

I am interested it the semi-hollow model.

-19219257001924017170.jpg

I would probably stick to a quilted top but I would want something different for the finish/colour (not sure what yet) and a 5 piece neck if possible (a real 5 piece...not the painted maple with racing strips? they have on some of their guitars..although they look ok..)

We will see.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
If they ever roll out a trem they can offer with the semihollow model in place of the Grote bridge, I could see myself buying one over a Boden Classic. The Korean company Corona seems to have a decent trem on their Aphrodite model.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well, it’s not really a strandberg copy. More of a Skervesen. Regardless, it’s not an “epiphone” version, as the money doesn’t go to Skervesen (or strandberg), it instead to a Chinese company. And you didn’t buy it because you couldn’t afford it. You bought it because you chose to not spend the money on a strandberg (as evidenced by the rest of your expensive gear).
Why am I being a dick about this? Because I don’t like seeing people buying copied designs, claiming that they are entitled to own it, even if they can’t afford it. This guitar design isn’t as bad as some of the more blatant rip offs that are out there, but I do know that it bothers luthiers, and they are financially affected by it, and there’s nothing they can do to stop it. This store, just like the other Chinese guitar fronts, does loads of direct counterfeits, right down to the logos. They’re opportunistic IP thieves, and the only reason they do it is from demand. So, please don’t think that this is an “epiphone” version of anything. And pardon my rant. I’m gonna start getting a reputation around here.

All of that being said, that was a pretty sweet picstory NGD.

Last edited:

raytsh

Contributor
Reaction score
So, please don’t think that this is an “epiphone” version of anything. And pardon my rant. I’m gonna start getting a reputation around here.

I totally agree.

The body design reminds me of a combination of a Boden and a skerveTEN, especially the lower body between strap pin and input jack as well as the bare wood part of the upper horn.

lewis

Reaction score
real bummer about the angle of the input jack in relation to the body shape.
My wireless pack would defo not fit in that jack.
Well not as is anyway. Maybe with a right angled jack it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.